War

Jeongyeon drove to the base as fast as possible. He helped Tzuyu with carrying Chaeyoung. Dahyun and Junho took care of Kai and Daigo. Hikaru stayed with Mina in the truck. Since Mina was a civilian and wasn't being detained, she wasn't allowed inside the base. Jeongyeon had Hikaru on watch until everything was settled.

"Gun shot to his shoulder." Jeongyeon told the military nurse and she quickly checked his vitals. "Tzuyu, drive Mina back. I'll stay here." Jeongyeon ordered and Tzuyu was hesitant. He didn't want to leave his friend but since Jeongyeon was his higher rank, he had to obey. He spared one last glance at Chaeyoung and walked out.

The nurse ripped open Chaeyoung's shirt and removed the vest he had. Another nurse came to help and Jeongyeon watched. "Chaeyoung!" He heard and turned to see a worried Jihyo. "How did you let this happen!?" She snapped at Jeongyeon.

"Me!? That's on him! He went in alone!" Jeongyeon defended and Jihyo sighed. She calmed down since she didn't want to cause a scene. There were other patients for minor injuries, some were resting from headaches so she knew being loud would disturb them.

"Sorry." She cleared her throat and watched as the nurses began picking at the wound. The military nurses were trained to remove any bullets or objects that were lodged inside the human body. They also knew how to stitch up wounds, clean them and treat them. Sometimes, if the body part couldn't be save, the worse has to happen. Some soldiers end up amputated from their untreatable injuries. It was the only thing to keep them away from death. "You did well." She softly said and Jeongyeon glanced at her.

Jeongyeon wouldn't say that he wasn't proud of Chaeyoung. However, Chaeyoung would act impulsively and not think twice. He wished he would've told them that he was going to confront Kai. If he did, he wouldn't even be here right now. "I know his father is proud of him." Jeongyeon randomly added. Jihyo turned to look at him. "Teach your kid to think before acting." He lightly joked and Jihyo scoffed.

+++

Mina and Hikaru were having a nice and decent conversation. She learned a lot about him and they came to found out that they went to the same elementary school. "Such a small world huh?" Hikaru said between his chuckle. Mina nodded and then the front door opened. She saw a grumpy Tzuyu and the atmosphere shifted. She remembered why he had a cold face. Her worry came back and she knew she couldn't do anything.

"How's Chaeyoung?" Hikaru tried to ask in Korean. Tzuyu hesitated a bit and started the truck.

"Fine." He said in a monotonous tone. Hikaru was taken back and looked at Mina who shrugged. "Where do you live Mina?" Mina felt shivers from how he looked at her. His eyes were big but she can see how dark they were. Almost lifeless. She took a small breath and told him, Tzuyu quickly reversing the truck and listened to Mina's directions

+++

After 10 minutes, they finally arrived. Mina gave a smile to Hikaru and looked at Tzuyu. He was staring ahead, hand resting on the gear shift. She knew he was worried and she was too. Although she didn't know Tzuyu well, she knew he was hurting. Seeing your close friend fighting between life or death wasn't something that they shouldn't be dealing with.

"Chaeyoung will be alright." She softly said and Tzuyu glanced at her through the rear view mirror. "I don't know him well but...I know he's a strong man. I'm worried about him too." Tzuyu kept his eyes on her as she spoke. "If possible, can you hand this to him?" Mina's been wanting to give Chaeyoung her apology letter. She wrote it before leaving her house even though she was in the heat of the moment. She knew she fucked up after seeing his reaction to her words. She wanted to get close to him and she felt like apologizing was the first thing to do.