Copacabana

Captain x male!reader

Description: during music club, Y/n is asked (forced) to sing a song of his choosing, but y/n also decides to use it to explain how he died and captain falls even harder.

Y/n uses he/him (obviously)

Based off of the song Copacabana as I am really into it at the moment.
(I only wrote this to use the song lmao)
Enjoy 😊

Y/n is wearing one of these although it doesn't really suit it later on I wanted him in something nice

Also this will contain a lot flashbacks as it will be better at displaying the scenes.(flashbacks ~...~)
Also Ik none of the timings and dates make sense.
———————————————————
Death. It was something Y/n had constantly on his mind. Not only because he was dead, but because the circumstances of his death brought back memories that he had before that fateful night.

You died in 1948, your death was unknown to everyone except for yourself. Captain knew what caused your death but not the whole life and death story.

You were currently in music club, sat right next to your partner, Captain. He turned to look at you, his mouth twitching upward at your appearance.

Then Pat announced "Y/n, I think it's your turn to sing for us." They had been pestering you about your voice since they heard you sing for like 2 seconds the other day, and you just crumbled.

"Alright, fine. But I think it's also time for you to know about my life and death in detail." They all stares at you, in shock, were they going to hear it?

(Song starts here)
~On a stage, danced a woman with short, curly, bobbed hair, her name was Lola. She was a show girl, always with yellow feathers in her hair and her red sparkly dress, cut down to the mid thigh. She would merengue and do the cha-cha. A man in a suit stood behind the bar that sat on the opposite wall to the stage. And while she tried to be a star, 'Tony' always tended to the bar. The crowded room bustled with drunk people, while 'Tony' and Lola made eye contact across it. The sign behind the bar stated •Open from 8pm to 4am•. They were young and they had each other, who could ask for more? At the Copa, Copacabana.~

All the ghosts and Allison looked on with shock. His voice was beautiful. But who was tony? Wasn't this supposed to be his life and death? "So this place was once called Copacabana?" Kitty spoke, breaking the silence that had fallen over them. "Well this room was anyway, the rest was something else, but I don't quite remember."

The captain became lost in his own thoughts. Why hadn't he sung before, he was fantastic. Who were Lola and Tony? Colleges maybe?

~Many people were in that one room, all enjoying the music and in amazing fashion, as they were always the passion at the Copa, Copacabana. At the Copa... 'Tony' and Lola walked out of the room, sharing a romantic kiss together. They fell in love.~

Pat 'awed' at that, he was always a sucker for young love.

~A new man walks into the Copacabana, his name was Rico, he wore a diamond. He was very obviously well known as he was escorted to his chair. As he sat, he noticed Lola dancing there. After Lola had finished her dance, Rico called her over with a whistle. When she arrives at his chair, he starts to talk, but Rico goes a bit to far by placing his hand on her hip. Lola starts looking very uncomfortable. 'Tony' looks up from his glass cleaning and notices her facial expression and Rico's hand. He then sailed across the bar towards them.

'Tony' hops over the bar, and removes Rico from Lola. Everything after that was a blur of sorts, but you can tell that... punches flew and chairs were broke in two. Then a lowed bang echoed through the air. There was blood and a single gunshot.~

You had stood up at this point, just to do a somewhat final reveal. "But just who shot who?" As that line was uttered you pull back the jacket of your suit to show a deep red, bloody, gunshot hole. At that point it clicked in everybody's mind. You. Were. Tony.

~A scream flies out of Lola's mouth as she sees you there dead on the floor. She lost her love.

The year was now 1978, 30 years after the death of her lover. Her name is Lola, she was a showgirl, but that was 30 years ago, when they used to have a show, now it's a disco, but not for Lola. She sits at the bar, still in her red, sparkly, mid thigh dress, with faded feathers in her hair. She sits there so refined with a glass of alcohol in her hand, and drinks her self half blind. After she lost her youth and she lost her Tony. She had lost her mind at the Copa, Copacabana...~

The final line is what made everybody's eyes well up. You sang with sorrow lacing your voice. "Don't fall in love..." after that everybody stood and clapped with tears falling down their face. Captain, overcome with emotion, rapped his arms tightly around your frame, swaying you gently. He was so proud of you, as he always has been but this was an overwhelming amount of pride. He wanted to kiss you so badly.

So he did. His lips made contact with yours, sending a shudder down your spine. You both relaxed into it, making the room clap even more. You both pulled away, and pressed your foreheads together.

You fell in love...

A/n
Hey guys hope you enjoy this one, this song is one of my favs as of recently, so I hope I did it justice for all you who love it as well.
Have a good morning/afternoon/evening/night
1009 words