No Strings On Me: The Puppeteer

(Disclaimer: I don't own Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. Any pictures used don't belong to me.)

_______________________________

(Y/N) was at home, bored, thinking about what to do. He finished reading the first volume of the light novel series Overlord. He finished all his schoolwork, including projects. 

That left baking just to pass the time or watch anime since he's been addicted recently. He blames Adrienne. She's got him into watching anime since they always watch when he goes over for a study session. 

"KIT! I'm Bored," Kurama whined. (Y/N) groans in annoyance. He can't forget Kurama who kept complaining. 

" I hope an Akuma happens because I'm going insane from your complaining." (Y/N) goes on his phone to check his messages. He groans when he sees no new messages. 

" Kit, you just want to train or something. I'm bored, and don't feel like sleeping." 

" Didn't you ban me from training this week?" (Y/N) reminded Kurama. 

" I did but it's either that or I raid your fridge. I don't think you want that to happen again," Kurama said. (Y/N) sighs. That was a bad day, explaining to his mom what happened to the food was a nightmare. Luckily all he had to do as punishment was buy everything that was eaten with his own money he'd been earning with his job. 

(Y/N) gets up and puts his hoodie on. 

" Kurama tails out." (Y/N) transforms into Kitsune. He jumps out the window to his training spot. 

(River)

Kitsune looks around to ensure the location is empty.  Once sure, Kitsune starts using his powers.

" Elemental Kyuubi!" Kitsune takes a deep breath before concentrating. The water starts rising and forming the shape of a dragon head. Kitsune drops his hands, taking a deep breath. 

" Dammit! Creating large water constructs is harder. I'm able to create weapons easily but larger things take more concentration," Kitsune explains to himself.  Kitsune holds up his palm and commands the water to create a swirling Sphere. Kitsune smiles, being able to make the technique easily now but never tried to use it in battle yet. 

Kitsune dispels the technique and hears rapid beeping. Kitsune looks around before sitting down on a bench. 

" Kurama tails in." Kitsune drops his transformation. (Y/N) grabs his bag and takes out the strip stake he brought in a food container. Kurama digs in when the lid is opened. 

" Eat up buddy. Why am I having trouble with the technique?" (Y/N) asked himself. Kurama eats one more piece of steak before talking. 

" You are pushing yourself too hard. Tell me, how do you create your weapon in a fight?" Kurama asked. 

" I envision it and it takes form with the element of my choice," (Y/N) answered. 

" Correct. Now, larger constructs require much more concentration, resulting in you struggling if you try to force it. You have to be calm in combat if you want to use your techniques quickly and efficiently," Kurama explained, in simple terms. 

" Kurama, why do I feel like how I act in combat matters less than my emotion in battle.  Are you hiding something that makes you worry?" (Y/N) questioned. (Y/N) doesn't act calm at all. When using his abilities, he's always confident or having fun. I mean who wouldn't have fun being a hero? But, there are times when another emotion rose in him when using his powers. The day he fought Bubbler. 

He was able to use techniques that he never used or tried. It just came to his mind and it happened without trouble. The water chains and the dirt saws were never used before fighting Bubbler. (Y/N) recalls the emotion he felt that day, anger.