parting

I'm 9 now and my Mommy says I have to go say bye to ray. Im sad because I have to say bye but I don't know why. Mommy walked me out side. I saw I moving van out side of rays house. I started to cry. ray rushed out his house and hugged me tight "we have to talk". I nodded my head. ray lead me threw the now empty living room up the stairs to what used to be his room. we stood face to face by the window. ray held both my hands. "Rae I'm moving to Miami with my Mommy and I wont be back. so we have to break up" ray sighed. "why why can't we stay together "I cried. "because I don't want to break your heart while I'm away. please forgive me I even got you a bear to remember me by" ray handed me a bear. I hugged it "I love you Rae, love ray" it spoke. "I love you to" I awnsered. "come on ray time to go" mama called ray. ray and I sluggishly walked down stairs. we mad it out side. "bye mama ill miss you" I hugged mama. "ill miss you to sweetheart" mama hugged back. I let go of mama and held ray. ray held me tight "please don't forget me" he whispered. "promise" I nodded. I let go of ray and kissed his warm soft lips one last time. then hugged him before he left to Miami. I watched as the truck pulled off and turn the corner before disappearing. I broke down crying. then my Mommy toke me in the house. I cried until my eyes hurt. I locked myself in my room all day.