Chapter Seven

Lua stomped angrily across the field to the strange creature, standing still as a statue in her place at the heart of the herd. "I need to talk to you," he growled the moment he approached Lamby who blanky stared past him. "Now," Lua tried to make himself seem intimidating but that was difficult for a mere mortal. He didn't exactly have Mike Tyson as back up right now nor did he even want to. His eyes were wide with fear and his shoulders hunched protectively around his small chest. But still the anger encouraged him to press on. Lamby blinked several times, slowly regaining sentience again, startled by the boy's words. She finally responded calmly once fully aware.

"Okay, Lua. What is it?"

"I want to break up with Mike Tyson," Lua demanded, arms crossed against his chest. He tried to the best of his abilities to not jut out his lower lip in a pathetic pout. "Why don't you?" the strange creature humored the boy. Lua resisted the urge to rudely roll his eyes in front of such a magical being. "Last I remembered we don't exactly have free will," Lua failed to hide his obvious annoyance. The sheep chuckled in response, "but you were easily able to be so demanding on your own accord."

He frowned, sensing that he was being teased. His day was bad enough already. He had caught a smug villain in his lover's bed, he had ate mayo instead of icing after playing with a woman's revolting blood clots, and now he was being bullied by a farm animal with a bad wig."You," he bent down so he was eye level with the sheep and angrily stuck a finger in Lamby's face, "wrote me to come here because you saw me complaining in real life about who you paired me with."

The omniscient lamb smiled as she replied."If none of this is real then why are you so concerned?"

The dainty boy scoffed, suddenly speechless at this bizarre conversation he found himself in. He didn't care which version of him was the original, he just didn't want to be in a relationship with someone who could so easily discard him. Was that a really difficult concept for such an all knowing being to grasp? "You have a great future ahead of you," Lamby revealed unprompted. "What?!" Lua asked in frustration. Was this some sort of cop out, just another way of saying all things happen for a reason?

"You just have to change first," the strange creature informed the confused boy.