Chapter Twenty One

"On foot the journey will take you two days," Lamby informed the gay trio and their little pet, "You will travel to field of wildflowers a few miles from the farm." Lua looked at the group smugly, remembering the route he rode through on camel back. "I know where that is," he announced proudly. The strange creature chuckled at Lua's rare display of independence and extended a hoof towards him. On her hoof laid a small, folded up map. The dainty boy scoffed, "I just said I know where it is."

Lamby smiled softly before explaining, "It's just a liability thing. Last time I gave a quest, the poor brave soul somehow completely missed the field and wandered through the scorching desert for seven months. "

Potato narrowed his eyes at the lamb, a slight eye twitch gave away his disapproval. He chose to remain silent, however, not wanting to hold on to any grudge. The man gave a small shrug, his cucumber sword gently swaying against his hip from the movement. It didn't matter anyway, that was the past.

His weary eyes watched as Lua rudely snatched the map from the strange creature and turning on his heels to face the group. "This trip is two days. I cannot wear the same outfit that long," he announced, invoking an eye roll from Turtles. Lua glared at him and held the map up before continuing. "I have the map so you'll wait here until I grab my suitcase." With that said, the boy turned his back to the group and took a step towards his tent.

Pea's cat ears perked up at the dainty boy's announcement.  She couldn't allow Lua to go there or her cover would be blown. The cat girl raced to cut in front of him, stopping Lua in his tracks. "I'll get it for you," she beamed up at him, smiling innocently. "What? No," Lua objected, not wanting a complete stranger to go into his room. The girl tilted her head in confusion. "I just want to help you since you let me borrow your cat's name," Pea explained in a small, shy voice, "I don't like being in debt to people."

Lua scoffed and turned up his nose. Did she think he would fall for that? What if she was a serial stalker who goes through homosexual boys' suitcases? Was that some sort of fetish? Lua's paranoia continued to grow as more conspiracy theories played in his mind. What if she wasn't a real catgirl mutant thingy and she was really planning to steal his kitten so she could wear its skin?

Lua gasped at the horror of his own imagination and backed away from the potential kitten murdering stalker with an oddly specific fetish. "No thank you," he firmly stated, attempting to go around her. Pea pouted, staring up at Lua while batting the lashes over her vibrant green eyes. The dainty boy tried to avoid her gaze as he moved around her but just as he passed her, he looked her way. Her green eyes glowed as he stared back at her, suddenly stopping in his tracks. He didn't understand why. All he knew was that he would do anything to make this girl happy.

"We're going to leave without you," Turtles called impatiently from behind them, drawing Lua's gaze away. "We need to hurry." The dainty boy rolled his eyes. What was Turtles deal lately? He was always so rude towards him. Was he fucking Mike Tyson too? Of course he is! Lua just couldn't trust anyone. The dainty boy glared, raising the map in the air again. "You'll get lost without me," he sneered. "Go ahead," Lua thought, "and take Potato with you!"

A small hand grabbed Lua's and he looked down at Pea again.  "I can run really fast," the cat girl purred with a slight grin, catching his gaze in her glowing green eyes again. Maybe I could trust her, Lua thought to himself; not sure why he'd come to such a gullible conclusion. Despite the red flags waving in his face, he felt calm when he looked in those captivating eyes. "Okay," Lua agreed and watched the girl smirk as she took a step towards him. The dainty boy froze, his head tilted slightly back as the cat girl rubbed her whiskered face against his chest. He nervously held his breath the moment he felt the vibrations against his skin.

"I'll be right back," Pea purred, her face nuzzled against his pounding heart. The cat girl quickly leapt away from him and Lua watched in wonder as she raced towards his tent. Her small feet barely brushed the ground as she quickly glided through the soft grass.