Dinner Date

"One Text From "Kim Minju"

Chaewon's heart stopped for a second, she looked continuosly at the screen wondering if her mind was playing tricks on her, she wondered off to her imagination again thinking about all the possibilities this one text could have.

Slowly she hovered her shaky hands towards the notification heart racing,

                                                                " Kim Minju "

  Congratulations Chaewon-Unnie! 🥳  I heard

  about your performance in Japan!

                                                                                                          😅 Thank you Minju-yah I'm glad you texted

 Its been a while since we last talked, hasn't it?

    It has hasn't it? Ill take you out to

     dinner tonight my treat Unnie for

      a successful show!😊                           

                                                                                                                How can I say no you? Ill be there in a                                                                                                                          flash

Its had been months since they met, Chaewon knew what she was signing up for once she agreed , with one finale touch of her hair, she stood silently for a few second wanting to ease the beating of her heart.

Minju waved her hand in the air gently upon seeing Chaewon, it was just the sight she needed of her just for her heart to start racing like all those years ago. Its just nerves nothing else she thought. But damn was Chaewon underdressed up for this, a sleeveless top with white straight trousers, hair put in a small neat bun, bangs covering up her forehead, yet she still looked absolutely amazing in this. Chaewon sat down on the cushioned chair eyes roaming the well interiored room, as her eyes finally met their final destination, after all these years your beauty still gets me, Chaewon smiled at her though.

"I thought you had schedule today Min," Chaewon started " I really hope you don't get in trouble because of me." A small chuckle left the younger one resting her head on her hand

" With or without schedule I would have still invited you Unnie " Chaewon surpassed a smile while looking at the actress, its a small gesture but its enough to make her heart swell and overthink all over again. Not to say she wasn't used to these small invites from Minju, ever since their trainee days Minju always celebrated with her no matter if they were busy or not. Going from tteok-bokki and instant noodles down the street where their dorm used to be close by to high end restaurants was something Chaewon would had never imagined.

Talking over dinner was the first thing that Chaewon wanted, screw that it was the first thing Chaewon needed, being able to talk to even for the slightest seconds could bring back the hope she had. But no matter how convinced she was, the older knew she'll never talk about it, the fear had always won against her in the end. Minju had brought up her new work project she was working on the older could see the faint sparks in her eyes whenever she talked about acting, aside from all the success Le sserafim had recently the acting community was going feral about the new star of the acting world " Kim Minju", it was nice seeing her get all excited again.

" Unnie? Can I ask you a favor? " A hint of hesitancy was evident in her voice. An encouraging smile was all Minju could see from the other end.

" This new drama, right? " The younger started "They were looking for another cast member that would play the lead character, and asked me if I maybe knew someone to take the role " Minju knew where she was leading this conversation, she was well aware of the uncertainty of the girl opposite to her but seeing her more often was what she needed. Chaewon sat still for a few seconds letting it all sink in first, Minju on the other hand was talking to the waiter asking for a few more minutes to choose what they wanted before waiting silently shaking in her chair.

"Minju-yah Im sure you have much better friends to play that role..." Chaewon was certain about this, she had seen all of Minju's friends act alongside her in their dramas, she wasn't so sure herself if she could even handle acting, especially knowing it wasn't her specialty.

"Unnie I remember you saying that you  wanted to at least start acting once in a while," Minju took a pause contemplating if she wanted to say this or not "And I want to spend more time with you." A small blush crept up both their faces when she said that. Chaewon was used to Minju being affectionate but it felt too different or maybe she was just gone for too long avoiding her. "And I heard that since you guys had your performance you'll have a little more time for yourselves."

The comment made her want to stay and regret leaving, she knew she hurt Minju and seeing her treat her like it never happening hurts more. All these months built up not talking to the girl was ruined, and her asking to spend more time with her broke her more.

A defeated sigh came from the older letting out a giggle replying with small " Ok " it was simple yet it mean so much to the both of them. And with all this talking the waiters had finally asked them what they wanted to order, surprisingly Minju had decided to cancel their orders politely bowing to the staff, Chaewon looked at her as if she was an insane person wondering the streets. But trusting the younger enough she followed her outside the restaurant which lead her to various food stands which was close to a 7-11.

Before they knew it they were finished buying what they need getting some well deserved tteok-bokki on the way to the park. Even if it did seem less fancy in other peoples eyes it meant so much more for them, it wasn't a usual outing with your friends, it was a new chapter for them finally being able to stick with each other once again.

"If I had to choose one way to celebrate this moment with you it would have been here, with the exact food, exact place, exact person" It hit Chaewon that there wasn't so much to worry about their past, for now they can set it aside and worry about the present, with her accepting her first ever acting gig and celebrating with Minju in the place where their story first began.

"If you enjoy this so much Unnie you should have told me, I would have invited you here everyday." For the first time Chaewon let herself laugh without restraints.

Walking down the park was relaxing especially with Minju, the night sky was perfect but knowing she'll have to wake up the next day to sign a contract with Minju's agency she knew that she would be as tired as ever. Taking one more photo before they had to part ways and since their members and managers were starting to get worried about them, they bid their goodbyes hoping to see each other the very next day.

The moment she had arrived to their dorm rooms she unknowingly was being awaited by her four other members who greeted her with a big smirk plastered on each of their faces, waiting to hear the whole story.