Dobby the House Elf

Cold was the air as it billowed through the dark, damp cave system deep underground. The only sounds were the occasional dripping of water from the stalagmites hung around the cave. Suddenly, the wind picked up as a portal from Equestria opened. Stepping through the portal and into the cave were the Dark Order. led by the Dark One and the Mysterious Benefactor, the group consisted of the Legion of Doom, the Dazzlings, King Sombra, Darth Andromedis, and Demittria. The evil syndicate stepped into the dark cave passages as the Equestrian portal closed behind them. Looking about through the caves, a majority of the Order merely grimaced over their new surroundings.

"Isn't this just grand?" Chrysalis voiced disgust. "We go from a cave to a village, then a castle, and now... back in a cave.

"You're a Changeling!" Cozy Glow pointed out. "You literally spent your entire life in a huge beehive and you're complaining about caves?"

"Watch yourself you little cretin!" Chrysalis hissed back. "At least my hive provided comfort for myself and my changelings. What's your excuse?!"

"For the love of me, will you two shut up?!" Tirek said agitated. "Hearing you screech is worse than listening to those ponies!"

"I agree with the centaur," Sombra spoke up. "If I knew I must listen to you talk, I'd rather be stuck in my corporeal state where it's quiet."

"Stick it up your chitin, lobster boy!" Adagio snipped at Sombra. "Consider yourself lucky you're even here in the first place. After all the trouble to get you a body, you basically disappeared on all of us. I forgot you were even part of this whole thing."

"How dare you speak to me that way you tone deaf fish?!" Sombra growled. "I've been scouring Equestria for magical artifacts the Dark One personally requested. It's obvious I'm a more valuable asset than you are."

"More like making excuses for no one including you in anything!" Aria retorted.

"You've been around longer than I have, and they had me doing far more than you've ever done in a thousand years!" Zoe chuckled.

"Why you insolent little—"

CLANG!!!

The sudden banging from something loud and metallic against the hard stone floor ceased the inevitable scuffle between the Dazzlings and Sombra. They turned collectively toward the Dark One, who slammed the bottom of the Staff of Hermes upon the cavern ground. The staff itself glowed with the mystical golden light of 'Those Who Came Before' and the entire Order felt its power resonating from the mysterious device. They found themselves wondering just how the Dark One managed to get their hands on such a powerful artifact... a story for another time.

But for now, the Dark Oen merely stood with their usual frozen demeanor behind that dark mask while the Benefactor stepped forth to serve as their mouthpiece.

"ENOUGH!" The Benefactor yelled loudly. "Your petty squabbling is going nowhere. If we are to stand with even a slim chance at achieving our end goal, this disdain for one another must cease. Once we've achieved what is needed, we could care less if you killed one another. For now, never forget that the Dark One and I keep you alive when 'we' decide."

The Benefactor slowly turned their heard toward Sombra.

"Were you able to secure what we sent you to find?" They asked.

To which Sombra merely waved his giant claw and a small ball of red light appeared, which floated toward the Benefactor. When the ball dissipated, the only thing remained in mid-air was... a small black book?

"This wasn't easy to procure," Sombra informed them. "Celestia and Luna kept this hidden under lock and key buried within the vaults below Equestria, under constant supervision by a garrison of guards. Destroying them was easy; getting into the vault required time."