Babysitting

I landed on my bed exhausted from all the day's work. Thankfully the morning lecture had been cancelled the next day so i could sleep in. Getting home I had cleaned up and got done with my homework. It wouldn't be a surprise if Annette decided to stay back home tonight. Her parents were in the same town, she just wanted to head out and make a life of her own. I admired her for that. That was something common between us, the urge to create an independent life but it was harder for me, being an introvert and a nerd all I wanted to be was invisible in the crowd. My phone buzzed as I was reveling my thoughts flashing an unknown but a very familiar number.

Whose number is this?

"Hello?" I questioned in my polite talk-to-stranger voice.

"Your boyfriend is getting his ass kicked." the familiar voice on the other end said. I sat straight up on my bed.

Ughh Payne..

"Who is this? I am sorry I don't have a boyfriend." I glared at my nails as an excuse. Ofcourse I knew who was on the other end.

"Now that's rude Eliza. You will just let your man fall on his face here?" Damien asked giving a dry humorless chuckle at the end. I could hear voices in the background. Someone was yelling.

Is this some prank?

"What do you want Dummie?" I sighed. I was tired and craved for a good sleep. There was silence on the other end for a while.

Great he just ended the call...

"No I am still here..I was just..well are you coming?" he demanded, his tone changing all of a sudden.

Oh i said it out loud...

"No I am not. Goodnight Damien." I said about to end the call myself but I heard him speak urgently.

"Then who is going to save Ron from them?" He questioned and my ears perked up.

"Ron? What's wrong with him?" I asked worry lacing my tone.

"And now she listens..wow such eternal love!" he said his voice sounding a bit harsher.

"You sound annoyed." I teased, a small smile falling on my lips as I slipped on my jacket and plugged my earphones to the phone.

"Yes I am.." he admitted, his voice dropping to a softer tone.

"Hmmm... why would that be?" I asked as I jumped around pulling one of my boots.

"Because...your boyfriend is ruining my evening. What are you- Are you running?" he asked, puzzled.

"Jumping..the damn boot!!!" I kicked the wall nearby and felt the boot slip past my heel.

"You know the buckles are for a reason." he said with a hint of amusement dancing along his voice.

"Yea yea...get to the point. Where are you both?" I asked dryly.

"Caramel blues. You know where that is, don't you?" he asked getting annoyed again.

Some moodswings eh..

"Yes yes...see yaa." I ended the call, running out of my apartment. Caramel blues was one of the clubs not far away from my apartment. I could walk and reach in the next fifteen minutes. Stifling a yawn, I shook my head trying to wake myself up. Ronald hung out at the club a lot of times along with Adriana and some of the other college students. They asked me to join but partying wasn't really my scene.

Why did Ron get into a brawl? He knew the bouncers of the club very well.

Wait!! Why am I going?