Welcome to my world

I brushed my hands as I kept the last box on the floor. My lips curved up in a smile as I looked around my new apartment.

Yes MY apartment.

Okay Fine! not just mine but I had finally found a girl who would pay half the rent and now that I looked around our apartment, I was thrilled. It was a small one with a kitchenette, living room and two bedrooms with unfortunately a single bathroom but we would manage. I always wanted to stay independently at my own apartment and after living in the college dorms for a year now finally my dream had come true.

"So..all boxes in?" My new roommate asked. To say she is beautiful would be an understatement. Her blonde locks were pulled back in a ponytail as a fringe brushed over the gorgeous blue eyes.

"Yes, this was the last one." I said excitedly pointing at the box near my feet.

"You realize that you have more books then clothes?" She asked tilting her head and I laughed.

"That's not true Anne! But yes I love my books." I said and lifted them taking to the bedroom on the left corner.

"Ofcourse you do." She murmured. I am a literature student, ofcourse books are my life. On the other hand Annette Colson is a fashion designing student. I am glad I met her. Well, her bestfriend's sister is my classmate and that's how we met and thankfully she needed an apartment to stay in.

I placed my books on the shelf humming to myself. The one thing that had me attracted to this house was that the bedrooms had balconies and being on the 8th floor, the view was pretty good.

The room was small but cozy with a bed in the centre taking up most of the space. the bathroom was to the left, beside it was the wardrobe and right opposite to it, across the bed was the shelf. there was even a desk between the bed and the shelf.

"Eliza..Umm your mum's on the phone." I turned around pulled out of my thoughts and stared at Anne in confusion. Why hadn't she called me on my number? I pulled out my phone from the pocket to see 3 misscalls. I am dead. She gave me her phone and I bit my lip as I spoke a soft hello.

"Eliza Jane Everett, Why aren't you picking up your phone?" Full name always screams trouble.

"I am sorry mum, my phone was on the silent mode."

"It's always been your habit. How many times am I supposed to tell you, keep your phone on general. How would I know if you are in any trouble?" I listened to it calmly. it wasn't the first time that she said it.

"I am sorry mum. it's just that we were moving in and I haven't put it on general since the lectures." I explained as I rummaged through a box for earphones. Once I found them I plugged them in. Now this would keep my hands free to work.

"That's what I actually called for. Did you get all the things placed? Do you need us to get something? how is the house?" I smiled at the sound of her excitement.

"Yes mum relax. Everything is fine! the house is great and no I don't need you to get anything." a smile graced my lips.

"Good to hear that. My baby has grown up. Listen I have to go. You and Anne take care okay. I love you." she said her voice full of love. I smiled. No matter how busy she was she would always call to check on me.

"Yes mum I love you too. you and dad take care yea?" I said. she replied with a yes and ended the call. Smiling I turned around to give Anne her phone back when a message flashed on it.

1 message from Cookie

"Anne! Apparently a cookie messaged you..!" I yelled and she was right in front of me in the next second. I blinked staring at her in shock.

"I am an idiot I totally forgot! I have to go..! you will manage with the dinner right? I will be eating out." She took the phone from my hand typing furiously.

"Ooowww...someone's going on a date!" I teased her.

"Actually I am!" she replied as she closed her room's door and I stared blankly at it.

How can someone forget about a date?

***

"But you, make me wanna act like a girl...paint my nails and wear high heels for you! you make me so nervous that I just can't hold your haaand!!" I yelled in my makeshift microphone. I danced around the kitchen collecting the salt shaker from the nearby shelf. Perks of being alone in the house. If you send Eliza in the kitchen you better be prepared for her concert. There's no cooking without music.

I dipped my microphone aka spoon into the red sauce to stir as I moved my hips to the rhythm that's when my favourite part came on.

Ohh I have to sing this!!

"The feelings got lost in my lungs. they are burning I'd rather be numb. There's no one else to blame. So scared I'd take off in a run. I am flying too close to the sun and I am bursting to flaaaaaaammmeess!!!" I sang into the microphone raising my head as I hit the high note.

Wait! why does it actually feel hot on my stomach?

I looked down curiously to see the red hot sauce from the spoon dripping on my t-shirt and the floor.

Holy cow! I am actually on flames!!!!

Okay well not really on flames but damn it was hot. I ran to the bathroom and threw my T-shirt into the washing machine and turned it on.

I hope the stain goes away.

I walked out to find myself a new T-shirt when I heard the door close. Looks like Anne is home. I pulled on a blue tank top and walked towards her room.

"So how was your...." the words died in my mouth as I entered her room to see her sleeping on the bed.

Should I wake her up?

"Anne! Atleast change before you sleep!" She still had her heels on. I slipped them off and she groaned.

"Go away..!!" She slurred. Wow! my roommate is drunk! I stood there confused trying to figure out what to do. I had no experience with drunk people what so ever. They scared me actually. That's when something funny hit my nose. I sniffed the air suspiciously.

What's the smell...?

Ohh Boy!

I ran towards the kitchen more of skidded as I turned off the gas. I fanned the smoke away and sighed staring at my beautiful red sauce that had reduced too much.

Here goes my pasta dinner.

I dropped the utensil into the sink and picked up a packet of ready to eat noodles from the counter.

"You are a lifesaver!" I murmured to it.

My eyebrows scrunched in confusion as I heard a sound coming from the bathroom just then. it was a weird sound and I could feel the Goosebumps rising on my skin.

Now what?

I slowly opened the door to the bathroom and peeked in with a frying pan in the hand.

Hell yeah! I am Rapunzel.

The bathroom had no Flynn Rider but the washing machine was shaking badly. I ran in and not knowing what to do just switched off the damn thing. I opened the lid to remove my T-shirt which was thankfully washed and clean but what caught my eye was the object lying or rather stuck at the bottom. I stood dumbfounded as I reached out to pull my precious 'twentieth' earphones in the past two years. Carefully, I removed it from the plastic where it was stuck hoping that it hadn't damaged the machine. I bit my lower lip as I turned the machine on and it worked just fine.

Lucky day..

I had pulled the earphones out along with the T-shirt and just dropped it in the washer without thinking. I turned around and bit my lip. Would it still work? I wiped it clean and plugged to my cellphone. playing the music, I held the ear pieces near my ear and Bingo! Demi lovato was still singing through it.

Very lucky day!

Ashley Benson as Annette Colson.

Vote and comment :)