Smiles

"So..beaches huh?" Alex asked standing somewhere behind me. I turned my head to see him jumping on one leg as he folded his jeans to avoid getting it wet.

"Yes. I love water." I simply stated as I tried clutching to the sand with my toes while the waves slipped it away.

"Why?" He asked now stepping next to me. I just looked at his face. Soon enough a serene calm took over his features. he gazed into the distance with a soft smile which was slowly turning into a deep sadness.

"Thats why." I replied softly and his gaze snapped to mine.

"It brings out our true emotions, it's calming and raging at the same time. it's beautiful." my gaze turned back towards the ocean that I loved so dearly.

"Like you." he said and I looked at him to see a soft smile on his face. I raised my eyebrow and he laughed.

"Not good with compliments then." He commented. I stuck my tongue out at him and ran back towards the group who were lazing on the sand. Damien and Pheobe had a beer bottle in their hands and I pursed my lips.

Not my kind of a party.

"So what are we doing? let's play a game!!" I said sitting down and clapping my hands. Riven looked at me amused while Damien just laid back closing his eyes.

"What game?" Alex asked as he sat down next to me. I smiled at him for his support and he winked back. I bit my lower lip as I tried to think.

"How about pictionary?" I asked and chuckles rose across the group.

Yup, definitely not my kind of party.

"How old are you?" Damien asked still keeping his eyes closed but a ghost of a smile danced on his luscious lips. I pouted.

"I was happy in my bed." I said looking down.

"Yaa right. Its anyways past your bedtime kid." Demon commented again and I frowned.

Mean Monkey.

I collected as much sand as I could in my palms and dumped it right on his face. it was easy as his eyes were closed. His expression was priceless as he jumped up startled, spitting sand everywhere. Everyone else was busy laughing.

Well that's what happens when you mess with me.

I smirked at him as he glared back and I knew I was going to get murdered for this act.

"I think you should run." Alex spoke in my ear and I nodded.

I didn't wait for a second advice as I got up and sprinted across the sand hearing heavy footsteps behind me. it was hard as the sand slipped beneath my feet but I kept going. A rogue laugh escaped my lips and I heard someone join in. The contagious laughter tempted me to turn around and that moment was enough for Damien to pounce on me.

His arms gripped my waist and his laughter rung in my ears as he spun me around. I thrashed my legs but it was useless. He wouldn't let me go. He stopped all of sudden and stared at my face as I continued to giggle, laying my head back against his chest. Our eyes locked as I caught him staring and my heart stopped. For once he wasn't glaring, there was an actual smile on his face. That breathtaking rare smile which I loved.

"What happened to us." I murmured out loud unintentionally. The words were enough to turn his expression blank and he let me go. Disappointment flooded my heart but before I could react he swooped me in his arms.

"You threw sand on my face. That's what happened." he growled teasingly in my ear and my eyes turned into saucers partly because the sensation that coursed through my body when his lips brushed my ear was something thrilling and secondly I realized we were walking towards the sea.