Butter clutter

"One green tea, one cheese omelette and two black coffees." I yelled over the counter for Pheobe and Riven to hear. it was Six in the morning and I had been called in for covering up Melissa's shift. My eyes scanned the area, the writer who never looked over his laptop sat at his usual seat near the balcony. he wasn't a regular but he turned up once in a week this early for a black coffee. Then there was Miss Louisa, the sympathetic old lady. I could easily picture her as Mrs Bennett from Pride and prejudice. She was a regular. I always wondered what her story was. though her eyes were sharp, she was always quiet.

finally my eyes landed on the sulky child who sat in the corner. He looked rather odd amongst the calm setting. Black jacket zipped all the way up, dark faded jeans, Tousled hair, slightly swollen eyes and a ever growing pout. Nonetheless I wanted to throw a pan at his face.

"Are you okay?" Pheobe, the punk chick asked noticing my scowl. With her purple dyed hair, pierced nose and tattooed arm one would assume she belonged to a tattoo parlor more then this quaint cafe but she was cool, Nice as opposed to her blank expression which she carried all the time.

"Who craves for a cheese omelette at 4 in the morning?" I asked slamming my hands on the counter. Great! now I had succeeded in grabbing everyone's attention to me. I threw a forced smile at Miss Louisa and ignored the grumpy kid. I knew the man wouldn't look up from his laptop even if there was an earthquake.

"Someones cranky." she muttered raising her eyebrow.

"I am sorry. I just haven't completed my sleep." I turned around to glare at the sulky demon again. I was in dream heaven before I had fallen out of bed hearing a loud bang at 4 in the morning. The Demon stood in the kitchen holding a pan as I ran in to check what the ruckus was about.

How had Anne not woken up?

Well partying all night does that to you I guess. then how was this demon up?

He never seemed drunk to me. Always in control. Also last night when he had turned up with a half sleepy Anne slumped against him.

Why did I let him stay? I didn't! he invited himself.

"I was just making cheese omelette." was his sheepish reply and I stood fuming as I looked at the last two precious eggs that I planned to make for breakfast now splattered across the floor. Not that i was a good cook or anything but breakfast is breakfast and now its just a yellow slimy mess on my kitchen floor.

i had simply turned around and lay in bed trying to catch some zzzs. It was his responsibility and he did clean up without grumbling, not that I was there to watch him grumble. But Once up I couldn't sleep and I just kept rolling and twisting in bed attuned to the tiny sounds coming from the kitchen. The tap running, scraping of cloth, metal being placed, drawer opening. I was annoyingly alert which left me quite uneasy. then I got a call to come work at the cafe. as it was a weekend, I agreed. Never say no to extra cash and I get a free afternoon. This cheese omelette craving sulky child agreed happily to drop me and now I knew why.

After serving the two early birds, I almost slammed the plate in front of Damien who didn't bother to give me another look as he scarfed down his food. First of all what kind of a combination is green tea and Cheese omelette? I stood staring as he stuffed his mouth lost in his own world of candy and joy. he did not even notice me standing there, if there was some other customer they would have been creeped out till now. I turned around shaking my head. the tiny smile on his face was rather cute.

Well he is creepy.

and cute too..

shut up.

"You are smiling." Pheobe pointed out, her eyes lighting up with curiosity.