Challenge

"She almost killed me bro." He complained and earned a smack from me. I sat on the couch after applying a bandaid on his foot. A sad look on my face.

"Hey it was a joke. Stop frowning." He elbowed me lightly and my eyes lifted up to see his serious face. My weakness was taking effect and also I had realized I would actually miss him. To add to the fact I even ended up hurting him with a knife. I should have probably listened to him. Right now I was drowning with guilt.

"I am sorry Dino." My voice croaked. He ended the call with Riven with an intense look on his face. Soon enough I was being engulfed in a hug.

"You should stop blaming yourself for everything Eliza. It's okay. That was just a cut. Besides you are a strong and smart woman with a great sense of humour. If people can't see that. They are missing out." He dropped a chaste kiss on my forehead making me lose a shaky breath.

"I suppose we are not talking about the injury anymore." I mumbled and his chest vibrated under me with a chuckle.

"I will miss you clumsy." He said and I looked up to see a small smile gracing his face.

"Me too Dino. But we can always Skype you know." I muttered, eliminating all the emotional drama.

"Yes sure. I forgot we live in a techsavy world. I was planning to send letters." I punched his shoulder playfully as he laughed and pulled me in for another hug. The door opened at the moment and Pheobe pushed through.

"What do we have here?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Two friends hugging eachother." I muttered still snuggling with my warm buddy. Did I tell you I was a zombified creature right now?

"Aww..We brought you food though. How are you feeling now? Did you take medicines?" Anne asked dropping the bags on the table and moving towards me to check my temperature.

Oh yaa medicines...

"Oops" I mumbled and earned a glare from her. I gave her a sheepish smile and turned to my pillar of support who had been nudging me for a while now.

"What do you want Dino!!" I yelled at him with an annoyance laced voice.

"Just watch." He whispered in my ear and moved his eyes towards the direction of the door. All this while I had failed to notice the guy standing at the back. His hair was tousled and tiredness masked his face. Yet something intense swirled in his hazel eyes as they met my dull brown.

"I am going to spark a fire." Dino whispered next to me, his words lost somewhere in my brain as my mind focused on Damien's intense gaze.

***

"Tell me he doesn't die... Vladimir come back!!!!! Tell me he comes backkkk!!" I yelled into the phone as soon as I received the call without checking the id.

"What? Who is Vladimir? You into Russians now?" The voice spoke with a hint of amusement.

"Huh? Who is- Oh Dino! I thought it's Ron. He got me addicted to Daredevil and yes Vladimir is a great character I suppose. He leaves an impression." I went into the review mood.

"oh so to answer your question. He isn't coming back." He said blankly and I yelped.

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!" I yelled into the phone.

"MY POOR EARDRUMS! yes I don't know that. Now my dear lady would you be kind enough to tell me what time it is?" He asked going from a screeching baboon to a gentleman.

"You called me to ask what time is it? Wait its-Oh pumpkins and pigeons!" As a reflex action I had looked into my phone while blabbering on. The numbers glowed at me a bright green. 12.15 pm.