Chapter Eleven: Double Trouble

Izumi's POV (no tense ig):

"You're wasting all the class points we've been offered." Horikita utters, commenting on the fact Class C was wasting all their points in the name of luxury. 

"Why don't you play with me, Suzune? I'll prepare a special tent, just for us." Ryuuen. I can't believe those words just left his mouth. Call me dirty minded, but I'm pretty sure he meant something not so PG.

Horikita squints in disgust and turns around, calling for Ayanokoji and I to leave with her. "Let's leave, staying here is just going to make me sick."

"Come back any time. I know you'll want to have some fun with me, Suzune. I'll give you a real taste of heaven." Ryuuen remarks, smirking while he made Horikita disgusted.

We then leave the beach and walk back through the jungle, going for some time until the sunset is well underway. "It's hilarious," Horikita begins. "their own self-destruction is benefiting us." 

"Yeah," Ayanokoji replies, still monotone as ever. Like I could talk, though. 

"You need to conserve wherever you can, or you won't even last the week." Horikita presumes. I'm surprised she hasn't realised that they're not planning to last the week, they're probably going to hop back onto the boat. 

"He's not planning to last the week." Ayanokoji says, stealing the words right out of my mouth. We really are alike...

Horikita stops walking. "What do you mean by that?" She inquires, confused and surprised. 

"It's simple. He'll do what Koenji did. They just have to say they're stressed or sick, or something else and then just drop out of the running. Then they can just enjoy their summer vacation."

"You mean he gave up on the test? From the start?" Horikita says, trying to confirm. "The test is about the freedom to choose, in every sense of the term, 'freedom'. In a sense, he may be correct." I mention, butting into the conversation. 

"It's beyond my comprehension." She adds, before walking off again. 

A zero point strategy. Quite interesting indeed.

That was probably Ayanokoji again. Which brings me to a startling conclusion, something I need to justify first, but... I think I know why his name is so familiar now. I thought it was a coincidence, but he's definitely him

(omg is she about to find it out? read and seee oh yea and time skip. DAY THREE OF THE TEST˜˜˜)

A camera...? The girls' sleeping tent....? Most importantly, Ayanokoji's hands and Ibuki's bag...?

What does it all mean? Think Izumi...

Wait... It couldn't possibly be...

This is probably all the proof I need. 

Ayanokoji's POV:

"Good morning Hirata." I greet, seeing him rise up before me. He returns the greeting and shows concern for if I got woken up. "No, it's just hard to sleep soundly in an environment like this. My back hurts." I reply, and he chuckles. 

We go and wash our faces in the stream close by. I feel the need to start some type of conversation, so I suppose I'll light the match. (oop lol totally not foreshadowing or anything) 

"If it keeps everyone in the class happy, that's enough for me." 

Hmm... 

Speaking of odd behaviour, Izumi is weirdly similar to me. It's almost like we're connected somehow. Perhaps... No, it couldn't possibly...