CHAPTER 2

"Hanniii my feet hurt. It feels like I've walked over 1000 Lego pieces and ran over 8 kilometers" I groaned as I slouched in my desk.

"That's what I'm saying Jae. It's like coach loves seeing us suffer" Hanni stated as she put her head on the desk.

We both sat there complaining and trying to regain our energy.

"Good Morning Clas-! Whoa- what did Coach do to you guys" Our teacher , Mr Choi exclaimed as he walked into the classroom to see us all lounging around.

"He tortured us" I replied back , beginning to sit up straight.

"Okay , just take a few minutes to gather yourself then. We have to cover some work"

After we all took a few minutes to get back to normal our teacher started with today's work.

A few more long , tiring classes passed by and it was finally time for lunch.

"The Cafeteria line is so long. Should we just leave Hanni?" I sighed.

"Theres only like two people infront of us , what are you talking about"

"Yeah , my brother and Jake. Knowing these two their going to take forever in this line"

"Who called me?" Jake asked as he turned around suddenly.

"Oh it was Hanni" I said , throwing Hanni under the bus.

"Oh. Well what do you need?" Jake asked curiously.

"O-oh nothing! We're just going to leave now" Hanni panicked and dragged me away from the line.

"I think we handled that quite well don't you think" I said before Hanni managed to slap my arm.

"Okay Hanni , that wasn't kind" I stated as I rubbed my arm.

"Whyd u say it was me" Hanni groaned as she was going through the 5 stages of grief.

"My bad. I didn't know what else to say"

"Let's just go back to the line" Hanni sighed and dragged me back to the line.

After we got our food , we looked for a spot to sit and enjoy our meal before we had to go back to class.

It's a good thing there were only 3 short classes left , so the rest of the day went fast.

When the bell for the end of the school day rang I went to look for Jungwon , so we could walk home together.

As I was scanning through the hallways looking for Jungwon I bumped into someone's chest by mistake.

"Oh sorry I didn't see you" I apologized when I saw I had bumped into Jake.

"It's cool , and I was looking for you anyway" Jake said.

"Wait , why?"

"Jungwons staying behind today to tutor someone so he told me to tell you to go home by yourself for today"

"That sucks. I don't want to walk alone" I sighed.

"I can walk you home if it makes you feel better" Jake said giving me a slight smile in an attempt to boost my mood.

"Yes it would. Let's goo" I smiled.

Jake and I walked in silence , but it wasn't awkward. It only really became awkward when I screeched in pain out of nowhere.

"Woah , you good?" Jake asked with concern.

"Yeah , i just got a cramp. My legs hurt from today's exercises"

"Get on my back" Jake said as he bent down.

"Huh-" I asked uncertainly.

"Just get on. I'll carry you the rest of the way"

"No- It's okay , I can just wal-"

"Get on my back or else I'll just pick you up and throw you over my shoulder" Jake said sternly.

"Okay then-" I said feeling slightly flustered.

I got on Jake's back and he managed to carry me all the way back home.

When we reach my door , I got off Jake's back and thanked him.

"Get some rest Jae" Jake smiled.

"I will. Be safe on your walk back"

Jake nodded and waved goodbye to me as he walked off.