CHAPTER 7

It's midnight and I was wide awake. I literally couldn't sleep.

There was no use of trying to sleep , so instead I went to bother Jungwon.

"Won? Are you still up?" I whispered as I came into his room.

"Why aren't you sleeping" Jungwon answered.

"Theres too much on my mind"

"Come , sit and tell me" Jungwon sighed as he got up to sit up straight on the bed.

"Theres this one person right. I'm not sure if I like him since it's still very early you know , but ever since we hung out he hasn't left my mind. His literally keeping me up at night and I hate it"

"So do you like him? Answer that and we'll move on from there"

"N-no. I don't like him"

"Okay , then the problem is settled then. Go back to sle-"

"ACTUALLY YES I DO WHO AM I KIDDING" I cut Jungwon off.

"Who is he" Jungwon sighed.

"Well , he's tall. He has brown hair. He looks like a puppy. He may or may not be your best friend"

"So it's Jake?" Jungwon asked and I nodded as a response.

"Just go sleep please Jae. If Jake were here he'd want you to sleep" Jungwon continued.

Normally I would not listen to Jungwon but I was tired so I just went to go back to sleep.

At school

I was walking with Jungwon down the hallways when I suddenly noticed that Jungwon was staring at someone.

Jake.

He was with someone. A tall pretty girl. She had feminine features and had a bright attracting aura to her.

They seemed pretty close to eachother. Touchy , no space in between and all smiles and giggles.

For some reason as I was watching them interact I could feel my chest tightening.

I couldn't figure out if that was a sign of illness or jealousy.

"I think you should stay away from Jake" Jungwon muttered.

"I'll just go to class" I said as I turned away so I would not have to witness another moment of Jake with somebody else.

Normally during my class time I focus on my work and try to do my best in participating , but today something was off.

All I could think about was Jake and how he was acting. Why does it make me feel so frustrated.

Whatever. I have no right to be jealous either way. He's not even mine.

Jake was on my mind the rest of the day. It was so insufferable , but it became worse when I saw him in the Cafeteria with the same girl again.

"Who we staring at Jaelyn?" Hanni asked , trying to follow my gaze.

"I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be back soon" I responded.

I needed to walk and come back to my senses.

It was just as I left the Cafeteria when I hear my name being called.

"You good Jae?" Jake asked as he leaned back onto the wall.

"Yeah"

"Then why you just been staring at me instead of talking to me?" Jake began to walk closer to me.

"You seem to busy on other things"

"You jealous?"

"Why would I ever be jealous"

I was so obviously jealous , but im not admitting that.

"Well , im just saying you been glaring at me and Wonyoung since this morning"

"I told you already. You two together isn't bothering me"

"Alright , so if your not jealous then I'll go back to Wonyoung" Jake said as he slowly started to turn around.

"NO-"

"Make up your mind Jae. Do you want me to stay with you or do you want just want me to go"

"I want y-" I wanted to tell him but I got cut off.

"Jake , what are you doing outside the Cafeteria? Come back , I miss you" Wonyoung pouted and began pulling him back to the Cafeteria.

That gut wrenching feeling was back as I saw them walking back to their table giggling. What made it worse was Wonyoungs arm still on Jake.