四 | Wanted

3rd person pov

"She did it again?!" the demon king, Kibutsuji Muzan slammed his hand on his working desk causing the bottles of chemicals to fall over or even fall from the desk shattering into many pieces, "she dares to side with them?!"

The demon who reported this shivered in fear at his rage.

"I should've killed her!" he shouted, "why is she helping humans in the first place?!"

He never thought that her kindness remained even as a demon, that was a bad sign.

It means she will go against him just like the traitor doctor.

"Announce my order," he started and the demon bowed ready to carry out any order he was going to say, "find her and kill her."

With that, a biwa sound was heard and the demon disappeared.

"Nakime, inform the others too."

𓅘

Natori inclined her head letting her tears drop in a test tube that the insect hashira has brought. The tears dropped slowly just like a water clock, so the female hashira known as Shinobu Kocho sat down and chatted with the demon.

"How is it here? Have you settled yourself?" Shinobu asked.

The bird hummed in response, "the family is nice."

"You know that Rengoku's father is a former hashira? So if you dare to hurt them you won't be able to escape from his grasps." Shinobu added.

"I know." Natori replied calmly, "I won't hurt them. Why would I destroy such wonderful family?"

After a short silence, the bird sighed, "Right, because I'm demon..." sometimes she will forget that she was a demon because she never behaved like one, but she couldn't deny the fact.

Then, Senjuro came in and placed a trait with tea down. Even though demons don't drink tea he still placed a cup down for the bird, because it didn't feel right to leave her out.

To lift the awkwardness, Shinobu informed her about some news she might not know after thanking Senjuro for the tea.
"I heard that even people are looking for you now. News spread very fast don't you think?"

"Oh..." Natori sighed again, "that's bad..."
She explained that she destroyed her cave once she left with the flame hashira and the villagers nearby noticed her disappearance. "They really thought I belong to them or what?" she complained, "if that's the case I shouldn't have helped..."

"But you still helped them, may I ask why? I believe you knew it but you still decided to help them." Shinobu asked with a smile.

"The humans I met were in a bad shape... I don't think I'll be able to sleep peacefully if I have sent them away..."
The bird hopped some steps back, "the glass is full." To their surprise, she started drinking the tea, maybe because she of the tears she shed.

"Those people aren't bothering the corps are they?" Natori asked.

"Not yet, have you heard something Senjuro?" Shinobu asked.

He looked nervous but answered homestly, "I heard some people talk about it downtown..."

"Maybe I should burn a village down to give them a warning." Natori chirped.

"No! You can't do that!" Senjuro exclaimed.

"What else should I do? I'm wanted from both demons and humans..." then she had an idea, "or I trick them! Senjuro, can you get me a coal? Or just some a piece of wood from the chimney."

"What are you planning to do?" Shinobu asked.

"You'll see, it's nothing dangerous. Better than let them bother the corps, don't you think?" Natori replied.

Senjuro came back with a black burnt wood from the chimney and the small bird swallowed it. Then, she instructed Senjuro to open the window who did as told. Natori took a deep breath and spit fire out. The fire shaped itself into a human sized phoenix and flew out of the window.

"This is actually a good idea..." Shinobu commented.

In the following days, villages and towns saw the bright fire phoenix flying in the sky and they immediately chased after it. Some of them even tried to shoot it down but the phoenix soon disappeared in the sea of stars. From there, some humans who reflected their actions were showered with guilt. They all were blinded by greed so legend has it, the phoenix was hurt by their greed so it fleed to another dimension behind the stars and it will never dare to help humans again.

"I'm really impressed how they create such stories." Natori commented after Kyojuro told his family about the news.

"Serves them right and they'll never know that you're still here, haha!" Shinjuro exclaimed.

The Rengoku family laughed along with the phoenix who was glad that one race has stopped looking for her.