VI

—-

—-

Placing down the teacups on the table, Sora sat down on the chair facing both of them. Geto was the first to reach for a cup and take a sip of the tea.

"It has a nice aroma, thank you Sora."

"Of course." She responded, looking down at the warm liquid as steam rised up into the air, creating a stark contrast to the chilly air flowing through the house. As she became immersed with the sound of rain hitting the roof, Mahito yawned loudly while raising both arms to stretch, his movement making the chair scratch against the wooden floors and interrupt Sora's trail of thoughts.

Looking passed both of them, Sora noticed she had not closed the door after entering. The strong gusts of wind pushed the rain with much more force, allowing them to enter the house and fall on the floor. Putting both hands on the table, Sora stood up from her seat and sauntered towards the door, taking a last look at the rain creating a hazed effect on the landscape before closing it shut. Moving the doorknob sideways to make sure it was sealed properly, she pushed both hands inside of her pockets to warm them up.

"Now that you are feeling better, this would be a good time to discuss what information you gained by attacking Gojo right?" Geto questioned, moving down the cup that had been resting on his lips before placing it gently on the table. Turning around, her movements were almost inaudible. Rain was the sound that was most prominent at that moment. Both of them facing away from her, she took notice of the way Mahito's hair hanged limply on his back due to how wet it was while Geto's hair cascaded down in layers, ceasing to move after she had closed the door, blocking any air from flowing inside.

Touching her damp hair, the ends were slightly drier than the one on top of her head. Her kimono had soaked up most of it, which meant the cloth of her shoulders was far from being dry, bringing a shiver to course through her arms. The rest was no better, slightly clinging to her skin just like Mahito's shirt.

Sitting down once again, she moved her cup aside, placing both hands on her lap that were trembling from the lack of warmth. Looking down, her hands were decorated in a slight pink hue and her fingernails were pale in color. Deciding to look away, her eyes came in contact with Geto who was leaning back on his chair, waiting for her response.

"I stole thoughts he keeps hidden away in his mind as well as beliefs that are important to him at the moment. I don't know the level of importance they will hold for you." She noted, wanting to expose the fact Geto had not disclosed the entirety of his plans with her. If he would not cooperate, then she would also refrain from revealing everything she had stolen from Gojo. Leaning forward, Geto placed both hands on the table before pushing his cup aside. "Quite on the contrary," he noted with satisfaction laced in his voice, "that is exactly what I need."