Chapter IV. The Masquerade Ball

“Young Lady, relax your muscles a bit. This way it’s never going to work out.”

“I hate these kind of dresses and you know that.”

“That doesn’t change the fact that you have to relax your muscles.”

“That hurts, Sebastian!”

“Tonight has to be special, you have to dress up properly.”

“And we can’t do that without the corset?”

“No we can’t.”

‘He pulled the strings again and I almost fell on the ground. Ciel was waiting outside the door and I just knew he was laughing right now.

“That hurts!”

“One more. Get a hold of yourself, young lady.”

He pulled the strings one more time and then he let go. I couldn’t breathe for like ten seconds and after that I slowly regained my breath. I really hated things like this.

“We never should’ve planned this masqueraded ball in the first place.”I mumbled.

“Don’t say things like that. Now, please smile.”

“I don’t feel like it.”

He didn’t answer that complain and he put on my dress. I had to admit it was extremely beautiful but it just didn’t suit me at all. He hid my eye with my hair that was always hanging in front of my eyes. Today he let it hang like that on the left side. He made it look beautiful today.

“What about a hat, young lady?”

“What about no?”

He laughed. “As you wish.”

He tied the last buttons and then he looked at me with a smile on his face. After that he put the mask on my face and smiled with an even brighter smile.

“You look beautiful, young lady.”

“I don’t care about that. Let’s get this over with.”

I began to walk to the door and waited till Sebastian opened it for me. I walked out of the room where Ciel was waiting for me. He looked at me with a normal expression and then he suddenly began to smile. A part of his head was covered with a small black mask which suited him pretty well.

“You look very beautiful, my lady.”

I didn’t answer on his compliment and just straightened my back. I began to walk towards the ballroom where every guest was waiting for me. Before I could pass Ciel he grabbed my arm and when I turned around he smiled.

He reached his arm to me.

“I don’t want you to fall off the stairs, my lady.” he said. I looked at him but then I put my arm on his. He smiled to me again and then began to walk.

“If you don’t mind, I would like to escort the Young Lady too.” said Sebastian suddenly from behind us. I turned my head and looked at him.

“If you want that, you have to walk beside me not behind me.”

When I said that he showed me a huge smile and bowed.

“Yes, my mistress.”

He walked towards me, put his mask on and reached his arm and I immediately put my arm on his. Together we walked towards the room where everyone would be waiting. I held my head up high and moved with little steps. The dress was beautiful but it was also hard to walk with. I guess it was better if I wouldn’t dance tonight.