Chapter XV. The Beautiful and The Killer.

“Do you want me to prepare some tea for you?”asked Ciel who opened the door of the carriage for me when I stepped out.

“Please do so.”

“Understood.”

“What do you want me to do?” asked Sebastian.

“Make sure the house looks completely clean before we leave. If I even find a single flake of dust in the house, then you have a problem.”

“Understood, young lady.”

We entered the mansion and I immediately walked towards my study room. And it surprised me that the dress didn’t make me fall off the stairs this time. Maybe it was because I wasn’t paying attention to it this time.

I entered my study room and started to work on some typical ‘countess’ stuff. It was even to boring to explain it. Most of the time it was only giving my approval of things or it had something to do with getting approval from others.

Invitations were things that I finally got after having the ball myself but up till now I declined all the offers for a party, telling them that I didn’t really like parties which wasn’t a lie because I really hate parties because I have to talk and be friendly to people who I don’t even care about. That wasn’t really my thing.

There was knocking on the door and Ciel came in with the tea.

“Your tea, my lady.”

“Yes.”

He poured it in a cup and handed it over to me.

“It’s Sweet Mint today.”

I took a sip of the tea. As expected it tasted really good again so I really could enjoy it in this moment.

“Are you looking forward to the party?”

“Looking forward to what? Catching a murderer?”

“Well, I thought that my lady would be really excited to catch the culprit.”

“If it’s about catching a culprit, then yes. I am really excited for catching him and maybe killing him.”

“That’s how I know my lady.” said Ciel grinning.

I took another sip of my tea.

“It hurts, Sebastian!”

“I know it does because you tell me that every single time.”

“Auwch!”

“Hold your breath, young lady.”

“It hurts!”

Sebastian sighed.

“Come on, young lady. Otherwise you should’ve been born as a guy.”

“I never asked to be born as a girl though.”

Sebastian laughed.

“After serving a lot of men and women, I still prefer the girls.” he smirked.

“No, you prefer their soul.” I sighed painfully. Getting a corset on really was something I still hated and there wouldn’t be a moment that I would appreciate it. It was the most awful and cruel thing in this world, that was for sure.

“No, absolutely not. Their soul isn’t that tasty, you know.”

“What?”

“Nothing at all. Hold your breath!”

“That hurts!”

“Only five more goes.”

Now it was my turn to sigh very deeply.