Chapter VIII. The Memory and Another.

I freed myself from his embracement and slapped him in the face. To my great surprise he didn’t got angry or hit me back, he started to smile which was something I didn’t expect.

“I guess you didn’t change then...”

“What are you talking about? I have never heard of you before until this morning. If you were from my childhood then I have to disappoint you that I almost lost all of my memories from that time.”

“Almost all of your memories you say?”

“Yes.”

“But you try to recognize me as a child, right?”

“Obviously.”

“Try to recognize me as I am now because I haven’t change a bit in ten years. And if you remember you will understand why.”

I looked with him with a confused look on my face. What was this young man talking about?

“You still don’t remember?”

He sighed and started to open the buttons on his shirt.

“W-What are you doing?”I said while taking a few steps back.

“This is my last weapon to make you recognize me.”

“Your what!?”

He took off his shirt and then I saw it... three huge scars on his chest and stomach. Why did they look so familiar? And then I understood who he was...

“Katherine!”

I turned around and looked at him. He was waving and calling my name and for some reason that made me always really happy.

As fast as I could I ran towards him and jumped in his arms which always knew how to embrace me. When I was angry on my mother and father he was always there to comfort me. He was like a warm blanket.

“Have you already seen the flowers near the cliff?”he asked.

I shook my head.

“Mommy says it’s dangerous to go near the cliff.”

“Is she afraid that you will fall?”

“I don’t know.”

He started to laugh and petted my head. My mother didn’t know about him, he was my little secret which I never told to anyone. That’s what he asked me and because he was important to me I would do as he told me.

“Do you want to go together?”

I nodded happy.

“Yes, yes!”

He started to laugh and lifted me up. He carried me as a princes as we walked to the cliff. The warmth of his body and his manly scent. I always wanted to be near him because he was so nice to me.

We reached the cliff and he put me down again. His hands didn’t let go of me, they stayed on my shoulders and that’s why I felt safe. My mum always told me the cliff was dangerous so I started to believe that, but when he was here I felt like the cliff was save.

“Do you see those flowers over there?”

I nodded.

“They are beautiful, aren’t they?”

“Yes, they really are.”I sighed.

While I was standing there, looking at the beautiful flowers, his arms embraced me and he sniffed my hair. He had to bow a lot because I was really small. Well, he was just really big.