Chapter VI. The Strange Butlers and the Memory Loss.

“Mom! Dad! Where are you?”

I walked through the whole house searching for them, but I couldn’t find them. I felt how my legs began to ache but I didn’t want to stop searching because of that.

“Mom! Dad! Where are you hiding? This isn’t funny anymore!”

Me, a fourteen year old girl searching for her mom and dad. Everyone would think it was pathetic but I felt different.

I ran into the kitchen and there I saw the horrifying picture of two dead maids and a cook whose head was laying al open and you could see his brains trough his skull. I felt like throwing up and so I did. The throat of the two maids were ripped open and everywhere I looked there was blood.

I didn’t want to stay here so I ran away again. I searched for my parents which I wasn’t able to find. Why didn’t they respond me, why didn’t they come to me like always!?

I ran into the living room and I found them... and suddenly I threw up.

Their whole inside was laying on the ground and I couldn’t bear the fact that their always smiling faces didn’t show any expressions anymore. Even their eyes that always had hope in them were now cold white with black. My knees didn’t hold me anymore and I collapsed on the ground. This was a never ending nightmare...

I woke up, soaking wet. The headache I had before had totally disappeared and also had the pain in the rest of my body. I threw of the blankets and stepped out of bed. I’d ask Sebastian to replace the blankets because I didn’t want to sleep in this dirty bad any day longer. I opened the door and when I passed through it I bumped into Ciel who was also opening the door.

“Good morning, my lady.” he said while slightly bowing his head.

I didn’t say anything. I just wanted to take a bath.

“Is your fever gone now?”he asked while he placed his hand on my forehead.

I didn’t say anything and just let him take my temperature.

“I guess it’s gone. You feel just like a normal human now. That’s great, I really thought this fever would last a little longer. I am really happy it didn’t.”

I just nodded.

“Do you want me to prepare your bath now?”he asked.

“Please do so.”I answered him.

“Understood.” He said while bowing his head again and after that he disappeared in the corridor. I watched him walking away and after that I closed the door again. I would wait until he called me that the bath was ready.

I opened the curtains that were still closed and I looked outside as the morning sun filled my eyes. The sound of birds was the only thing I wanted to hear this morning. I didn’t know why my head was so messed up this morning. Do you know the feeling that you think you forget something but you don’t know what? Well, I had this feeling right here, right now and I didn’t seem to remember what it was about, no matter how hard I tried thinking about it.

I looked outside the window and saw the garden which was now a place where I really wanted to be. It would give me some peace of my mind, something that I couldn’t find in the room I was in now. Not that I hated my bedroom... It was just because of the thing that I forget that I felt like I couldn’t breathe in this room anymore. I really didn’t understand what was wrong with me these days. First I got a fever that I had never caught before. And my nightmares got longer and worse. And now it even seemed that I just forgot something really important.