Chapter XII. The Crime Scene and The Flattering Butler.

I walked through the streets of London and Sebastian and Ciel were walking beside me. They carried and bought the stuff that I needed and I was just walking there telling what I needed and wanted and in the same time I looked around me, trying to find someone or something suspicious.

“Is there somewhere else where you want to go, my lady?”asked Ciel.

“Let us go to the crime scenes. I want to look around for a little while.”I said.

“Understood.” said Sebastian.

We walked towards the streets where it happens when suddenly a crowd of people blocked our way. I already knew what was going on there. Scotland Yard.

“Excuse me.” said Ciel en Sebastian as they made a path through the crowd for me. I wanted to see the crime scene when it was fresh.

I walked through the crowd and before I knew I was standing in front of the crime scene and I only had to pass some policemen that were blocking my way.

“Sorry, little miss. I can’t let you pass through.”

And before I could even say something about it, there was already a man coming from the crime scene, wearing a high hat.

“Are there any problems?”

“Only this girl trying to enter the crime scene.”

He took a good look of me and smiled after that.

“I know you are curious, but you really aren’t allowed to come here.” he said.

I grinned and gave Sebastian the sign to take out the letter of the King.

“Is this enough to let me pass?”I asked smirking.

His eyes widened and after that the narrowed.

“The new watchdog. But I never expected in to be you, miss. Shiver.”

I smiled.

“I guess they trusted me enough. But I would be lying if I said that it was my own idea. The fiancée of the former Earl asked me to take over for her.”

“Earl Phantomhive?”he asked.

“No one else.”

I couldn’t help but to smile at Ciel who was also grinning. It was fun to play with people like this. They were so foolish.

“He’s been dead for a couple of years now. The position as the ‘Queen’s watchdog’ is no longer needed.”

“Excuse me? Did you just ignore a letter from the King? You should be ashamed of yourself.”I said trying to hide my laughter.

He tried to hide is annoyance but I could see right through him. Worthless piece of trash, that was what he was and would always be. He felt better than me but that was thrown back in his face when I just showed him the letter from the king. He should really keep in mind that you shouldn’t feel better just because you acted like a detective from Scotland yard. After all, he never solved a case before.

“This reminds me of my father for some reason.” said the man with the high hat.

“In which way, sir?”asked Ciel.

“My father told me stories when I was younger. He told me that Earl Phantomhive did the same thing in the cases that my dad was trying to solve.”

“Which cases?”I asked.

“Jack the Ripper for example.”

“Who was the culprit?”I asked.

“We never found out. We only know that Phantomhive was at the crime scene from the last murder and after that it never happened again. The detective that my dad was working with back then, Aberline, was interested in Phantomhive you know. But for some reason it looked like the little boy was like a ghost. Such a pity he died at such a young age.” he sighed. I knew he was lying. He was glad about the fact that Ciel Phantomhive was no more.