Chapter 3

The rest of the Tomlinsons came a few minutes before the ambulance did. I went in the ambulance with Lottie because Louis thought I should as I'm the only one that knew what was going on and could explain it to the doctors and nurses. They called the police and we got told Vince is in prison for life. We were sat in the waiting room for about an hour when the nurse came out.  

"Charlotte Tomlinson?" She asked. We walked over to her. "She's in a coma, she has 4 broken ribs, a fractured leg, a bruised skull and she lost a lot of blood. You can all go see her though." We nodded and went to her room. She was laid on her back and she looked like she was sleeping. Like sleeping beauty. She was really pale but she still looked gorgeous.  

"She looks so... Broken." Fizz said holding back tears. I looked at the other Tomlinsons. Daisy and Phoebe were hugging each other crying, Mark, Lottie's dad, was pacing the room, Jay, Lottie's Mum, was sat in the corner of the room staring into space and Louis probably looked the same as me, if not worse. He definitely looked how I felt. I mean the girl I'm in love with is in a coma and might not wake up! So I've got mixed emotions; there's anger because of Vince, sadness because she's hurt, loneliness because she's my best friend and on top of all that I feel like I've let her down. I broke the promise that I made about not telling anyone and protecting her, I've let her get hurt and I didn't react quick enough or keep her awake. If she didn't fall unconscious, would she still be in a coma? If I didn't blurt out to Vince that I knew, would we be at her house like every other day? It's all my fault! I felt my eyes water and I tried to blink back the tears but there was too many. They started falling and I felt a pair of arms hugs me. I looked up and saw it was Louis, who was also crying.  

"Sh.. She'll be al.. Alright." I said through tears.  

"Th.. Then why a.. Are you c.. Crying?" Louis joked through tears. We laughed a little. Just then the nurse from earlier walked in.  

"Your going to have to leave for today because we need to do an x-ray to see what other damage has been done to her and other injuries she might have." She explained. We all nodded and walked to the car. We got in and I went home, so did the Tomlinsons.

The next day I went to go see her before the others got there as soon as visiting time started, skipping school. I walked in and saw the nurse from the day before stood there. I walked over to her and asked about Lottie.

"Sit down. We found something very strange you may find surprising, shocking or maybe quite strange. But you may be able to explain to us how this happened." I sat like she told me to. "Lotties pregnant. We found out in the x-ray yesterday." She told me. I sat there in shock. I didn't know what to say so I said nothing.