Chapter 5

Two weeks later, I was allowed to come out. I was waiting when I got a text from an unknown number saying 'meet me at the park at half 1. We need to talk.' Before I could answer the text, Liam came.  

"Hi babe." I said.  

"Hi.. You ready?" He asked and I nodded so we left. At quarter past 1 I told my mum I was going for a walk and left for the park. I walked slowly because I didn't know who would be there or what they would say. As I got to the park, I saw the last person I expected to be there. Vince.  

"I th..thought you w..was in p..pr..prison?" I stuttered.  

"I was but I broke out when I found out your little secret." He said walking over to me.  

"What secret?" I decided to play dumb.  

"The secret about our little baby." 

"H.. How do you know?" I asked, wondering where he was going with this.  

"My friend Logan found out and then came to prison to tell me that I'm gonna be a daddy. So I broke out of prison so I could talk to you." He explained.  

"What do you want?" I asked nervously.  

"I want... To be in the baby's life! And you know what happens when you don't do what I tell you to." He threatened.  

"But you'll be in prison."  

"We can work around it. You have a week to decide. Bye." And with that he walked off.  

I went home thinking. I was quiet all day, which isn't normal for me. Liam obviously noticed because that evening he said, 

"Why have you been so quiet?" 

"I've been thinking..."  

"What about?" He questioned, obviously not letting me off that easy.  

"About something someone said to me." 

"Who said what to you?" He asked me 

"I don't know if I should tell you. You might get upset." I said.  

"I won't... I promise I won't get upset or tell anyone!"  

"Ok.. Well today I went to the park because I got a text from an unknown number telling me to go there. And when I got there, Vince was there. And he said... He wants to be a part of the baby's life but I don't know what to do because I don't want him in mine or the baby's life! Plus I'd rather you be the baby's dad and the baby not know anything about its real dad!" I blurted out including all my thoughts from today.  

"Oh..." Liam said, obviously thinking.  

"And I don't want to tell him that because he said he'll abuse me again if I don't do what he says." I said, tears falling. Liam hugged me and I cried into his chest. He played with my hair and after a while pulled me into his lap so he could hug me better. I cried into his shoulder until I fell asleep.

Liams POV 

I looked down and saw that Lottie had fallen asleep, so I picked her up and carried her to her room. I put her down on her bed and tucked her in. Poor Lottie. Stupid Vince has put her through a lot. If I could kill him I would for hurting my girl. She doesn't deserve it. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even want to be pregnant, but she doesn't want to kill the baby. I don't blame her. It would be mean to take someones life away from them before they've had a chance to live it. I'm gonna talk to Vince. Ask him why he chose to do it to Lottie. What she did to deserve it. And with that I walked to the police station.  

"I need to talk to Vince Blake." I said.  

"Ok wait there." A secretary said and walked off. I sat down and the secretary came back with Vince.