~𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮~

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .          

It was then that Elara's eyes picked up on the small change of color on the bed, the warmer tone catching her attention. She ran her hands over the soft fabric, feeling out every line and texture. She took the dress into her arms and thought for a moment. She then folded it once so it remained thin. Thin enough that it was unnoticeable underneath her blanket on the floor. 

"It's only fair we both get something- Feyre you can't just choose a favorite! You have to get us both something. Tomorrow. You didn't even give us enough money for a scrap of fabric let alone a cloak or heaven forbid boots!" Nesta was angry again. 

Very surprising; in the little voice in the back of Elara's head's opinion. She paused, unsure of the best way to present herself. 

If you stay, they'll say you did nothing. If you go out, you're showing off what you did today and they'll only be more mad. Elara stood frozen until Elain walked into the room. She didn't meet Elara's eyes as she made her way over to the bed to sit. Elara took that as a silent cue to leave, preparing herself for the onslaught of Nesta's fury. She tried to skirt through the shadows, intent on starting dinner but was spotted by her elder sisters. 

"-well I personally think you are not upholding your promise to our mother. You need to care for us. Those coins didn't just vanish into thin air Feyre! If you can spare a few coins for yourself then surely me and Elain aren't below that standard- or are you too high and mighty to help a few peasants? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE ARE" Elara jumped as Nesta's voice raised more octaves, blasts of pain echoing through her mind. The shouting continued, as did Elara as she worked to set out the meat for everyone. She looked up, definitely not wanting to interrupt Feyre and Nesta's spat, and decided to tell Elain instead. At least she wouldn't scream at her. She hesitantly opened the bedroom door, sweeping her gaze through the room quickly to find Elain kneeling on the floor beside her blanket- her dress dangling from her fingertips. 

"Where did you get this." Her voice was soft and quiet. Elara blanched, not expecting this to happen.

"Did you steal it or something?" Her voice continued to stay low, though Elara could sense the rising anger from across the chamber. Elara shook her head fervently, no sound escaping her now pale lips. It was then that Nesta chose to reveal herself by clearing her throat loudly, her stare just as loud. She was alternating between Elain with the dress and Elara, making false connections in her mind. Just as she opened her mouth, Feyre came stalking in next to her. She paid no mind to the situation as she took off her boots and laid herself down on the mattress. Nesta strode over to Elain, making quick work of ripping the dress from her hands and sprinting out of the room.

"I don't know where you got this girl- but when who ever you stole from comes looking I won't be found with the evidence." She ranted, mostly to herself as Elara was busy holding back tears and a flinch at the name. 

Girl. That was all she ever was to them. Never Elara. They always addressed her as the girl or sometimes she remained ignored. Even with their disagreements, Feyre and Nesta still used each other's names. Sometimes it stung to think about why, what Elara did to her sisters to make them despise her, but she pushed down her emotions as Nesta threw the beautiful garment to the hungry flames. Her mouth hung open slightly, watching as the fabrics were devoured by the crackling heat. Her father watched her with sympathy in his eyes, an emotion she never saw from him before.

"Nesta, dear I got-" He began, but Nesta only ignored him.

"Oh- dinner." Nesta sat herself at the table, not sparing Elara or her father a single glance during the entire encounter.  Elain didn't stall at Elara's expression when she emerged from the bedroom, only seating herself next to Nesta as she began to eat as well. When Feyre didn't follow, Elara's tired thoughts said she was most likely asleep. 

Sleep. What a great thing to end this day sent from demons themselves. She let herself wander back to the bedroom, noting Feyre hadn't moved since she first threw herself on the bed.

"Feyre? If you want- there's dinner on the table" She kept her voice low, not wanting to provoke any more of her sisters that evening. Feyre groaned and without a word left Elara for food. Elara's own stomach grew hungrier, but she reminded herself of what happened the last time she'd asked for extra food. The backhand from Nesta still lingered around any thoughts of eating in general, effectively scaring off Elara until she felt she was nearing starvation. She let herself slide down the corner, curling inwards on herself as usual. Every bone in her body ached for something, what exactly it was she didn't know.