~ 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮 ~

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .          

"So my mum probably won't want you to walk in the dark so I'll walk you back. I know where the manor is, and you shouldn't be alone tonight." Maisy talked while throwing a light jacket over her shoulders. Elara just stood, still confused about why tonight was so important. Her curiosity raged inside of her, begging for answers. 

"and well you know what happens when mum gets upset you know she just takes my favorite set of blues and there go my skies for the next few days- oops dropped that kinda need it..." Maisy continued talking to herself. 

"wha-" Her voice came out scratchy. She winced, but continued.

"what's so important about tonight?" Maisy paused, mid-ramble to look at Elara with widened eyes. 

"That's like- the most you've said in a sentence! ohmygosh your voice is so pretty-" She rushed over to take Elara's arms in hers. Her huge grin was contagious, and sure enough Elara wore a tiny smile too. 

"Oh! right tonight- ehmm- it's a thing-" She paused for a moment, gathering her words. 

"It's something for the court and the high lord. You don't really need to worry about it" Her eyes pleaded with Elara to not ask for more, a stark difference to the joy that had just been there. Elara took the silent hint, wrapping her arms around herself as the girls stepped out onto the street.

 .✦    ˚

They walked down the darkened road, Maisy kicking pebbles in front of her with the toe of her boots. Suddenly, she lifted her head to look straight up. Her hair fell behind her back, the golden strands shining in the starlight. 

"I wish I could just touch them- the stars. I feel like they would be so warm. So... welcoming. They almost feel like.. home to me." Maisy didn't look at Elara while she talked, losing herself in the constellations. 

"for me, they- they are home. they always have been." Elara's voice was soft, her own gaze tilted upwards. Elara's heartbeat quickened, almost as if something distant paced it. She paused, an unnatural feeling taking hold of her. Maisy turned, eyes alight with concern.

"ara? what happened-?" She didn't answer, too lost within that indescribable feeling. It felt too much like a warning to let go. 

"ara?"

The tone of Maisy's voice brought Elara crashing back into herself. 

"yea, i'm sorry- i'm ok- but do you, feel that?" She sounded breathless, panicked. Her eyes darted around, looking for the almost inevitable danger. The feeling was still there, steadily rolling onto her in waves. Maisy turned in every direction.

She blew out a breath.

"Ok- we're close. Remember what I said earlier- the thing to do with the high lord? It's that- tonight is fire night. We celebrate the start of spring here in prythian with bonfires, and drums. It's like a festival of sorts." Maisy rushed out the sentences, sensing Elara's heightened panic. The explanation relaxed her slightly, but Maisy could tell the girl was still uncomfortable. She took Elara's hands in her own, grasping the human's thin forearms. 

"Just look at me. It's fine, it's just because you're human - you've never felt anything like it before." Her eyes searched Elara's. 

Unsaid words flowed between the two girls, feelings of understanding and love wordlessly existing. 

They turned together, walking hand in hand back to the high lord's manor.

 .✦ ˚

"wow - it's so fancy here" The low tone of Maisy's voice echoed through the hall.

"wait until you see the room, it's gorgeous" The words came out naturally. Elara thought for a moment before realizing- She was comfortable. With Maisy. Around Maisy. She didn't have to think about the sisters she left behind, or the one she followed. She had made a true friend in Maisy, something she had never had before.

Maisy swung around to face her, jaw dropped and eyes opened large. 

"You. Have. A. Freaking. Chandelier!!! Hanging over your bed!!! And your bathtub!!!!" Maisy ran through Elara's room, her face taking on more delight every second. Elara let a smile fill her own expression.

A laugh breezed through her.

A louder one echoed from Maisy, and before long both girls were exploding with laughter on the floor. 

It felt good, so, so good to finally feel this - happiness. And Elara never wanted to let it go.

 .✦ ˚

The feeling ended with Tamlin.

It was the morning after, and Elara was standing before the high lord's desk. The sun hadn't risen yet, so the sky remained a shade of light grey instead of its usual bright blue.

"I told you to stay here last night. In your room- where you wouldn't be in the way." He hissed out the words with venom, fury swirling in his eyes. He slowly rose, walking around his desk to the frightened human. She tried to step back, but her legs were quickly pressed against the desk. He still advanced towards her, caging her, trapping her between him and the wood.

"You need to learn to control yourself. I won't babysit some human girl who thinks she can do whatever she wants on my time. Feyre wants you gone as well- back to your other sisters over the wall." Elara felt herself trembling. Images of her past, her childhood, ran through her mind over and over. She knew she could handle the physical parts- the slapping, the kicking.

But it was the words that broke her. The yelling, the screaming. 

The darkness. The kind that could only be seen in the middle of the night. The kind that's seen when she was locked out of the tiny house, forced to spend the hours sitting on the doorstep. 

She cast her eyes down as Tamlin slowly pulled away, arms wrapping around herself. 

"Just stop causing problems." He commanded her with the authority of a king.

She listened. 

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ . 

uggggGGggGGggGGgGggGgggG hate tampon so much rn he's being really mean

'stop causing problems' EXCUSE ME SIR THE BIGGEST PROBLEM HERE IS UR FACE  SO KINDLY GET TF OUT

anyways

@LexTheBookWyrm has put ideas in my head so I now have another book planned for after I'm done with elara's story (it will be an oc x nyx story)

I think I'm going to split the books into parts now- 1, 2 and 3  

go eat some chocolate friends <3

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .