18

📍Tallahassee, FL 📍
October 28th
_________________

Shaking her leg rapidly, her heart pumped faster as her hands jolted. Sweat popped off her forehead as she tried to remain calm. Everything seemed to be moving slowly which only angered Syrenity.

" Please drive faster " her voice was came out loud and rude as Damiri eyed her. The call Niaom made frightened Syrenity, her store was all she had that she could call her own. It was her baby.

" Mama I'mma need you to relax for me," Damiri said watching her breathing hitch. He was confused about what was happening since she failed to mention who and what was said on the phone call.

" Don't tell me to relax Damiri, just drive faster before you piss me off" Not responding to her rude tone, he slightly sped up the car as she told him. 

Turning a 20-minute drive into a 15-minute one, Damiri slowly pulled the car down the busy street where her store used to stand. His eyes widened at the Orange and Blue flames that scattered wildly, covering her entire building, top to bottom.

Feeling the air get knocked out of her windpipes, Syrenity jumped out of the car as the soft cold wing brushed against her rosy brown skin, and ran closer to her now-burnt-down store.

" Ma'am this area is very dangerous at this moment and I can not allow you to come any closer. " the officer said placing his arms in front of her.

Words getting stuck in her throat, she drops down to the hard ground as tears travel down her face hitting the ground one by one. A piercing scream flowed out of her mouth causing her breathing to get caught up in her throat.

" No no no, please no " Shaking her head Syrenitu began hitting the ground. She was in denial, this couldn't be happening to her. She didn't deserve this.

"Baby" Damiri's deep tone softened as he reached for Syrenity. Her body was shaking and tears poured out her eyes, snot was running down her nose and her breath was becoming unstable.

" Don't touch me please, w-w-please don't " Pushing at his hand, Syrenity tried to remove him from her but his clasp wasn't letting up. Pulling her off the ground and tugging her into his chest, Damiri rubbed her back as she cried harder.

" She's the owner of this building, what happened, " Damiri informed the cop who gave her an apologetic look.

" Oh, we got a call about an hour ago and have been here putting the fire out ever since. We are currently looking into what started the fire but unfortunately, everything coming to a dead end. Sorry," The cop says before walking away toward his people.

Running his hands down his face, Damiri looked down at Syrenity who was now looking at the building with a blank face. Whipping his thumb across her cheek, he pulled her chin making her look at him.

" I'm gone find who did this shit, I promise mama " his comment caused Syrenity to remove his hand and placed her head back into his chest. It was starting to seem like she could never stay happy.

" Why can't I be happy for once, this was my baby, it's all I have," Syrenity asked genuinely wanting an answer. Not being able to respond Damiri just rubbed her back hating how useless he was right now.

" Syrenityyy! " hearing a familiar loud voice, Syrenity pushed herself off Damiri as she looked at Niaom. Falling into her arms, they rocked back and forth crying on each other.