Chapter two

When I got to the airport I was over two and a half hours early. I left so early so there was no rush and so I didn't see my dad.

I got through the check-in and was just wandering around the shops getting things I thought I would need for the long flight.

I was walking out of one of the shops when a group of about 4 girls who looked about 10-14 came up to me. "We're big fans of you can we get a picture?" One of the girls asks. I smile at them, "Of course what are your names?" They all look at me before the same girl as before says, "I'm Sammy." I smile and the other girls introduce themselves as Jess, Sophia and Amelia. "Where do you want me to stand?" They ask me to go in the middle so I do. I stand next to Sammy and Amelia and put my arms around them while crouching down. Their mum takes the picture and then they thank me. "Bye, girls, have a good day," I say as they walk off.

I sit down and go on my phone for about half an hour before someone taps me on the shoulder lightly. A little girl sat next to me with tears in her eyes. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Can you help me find my mummy?" She asks. I look around to see if anyone is looking for her, "Of course. What's your name?" She sniffs, "Tiffany." I smile at her, "Hi Tiffany I'm Ellie. How old are you, Tiffany?" She looks at me with teary eyes as I stand up, "I'm four." I stand in front of her as she reaches her arms up for me to pick her up. I do.

She starts telling me where she last saw her mum. I wander around with her for about ten minutes until she sees someone she recognises as her older brother. He sees us walking up to him and his worried expression turns into a relieved one. "Tiff, where were you?" He asks not angry but worried. "I lost you and mummy. I found Ellie and she helped me find you," she says as I pass her to him. "Thank you. Really." He says. I look at him and smile, "It's no problem." It's like something in his head clicked when I spoke, "You're Ellie Hill aren't you? One of the Matildas?" I smile and nod, "That's me." He looks starstruck for a second, "your signing for Arsenal, aren't you? We're heading to London because we love watching you. We all have all of your shirts." I look at him shocked for a second, "Tell you what yeah, my debut after my game I'll find you and give you my shirt. For the first three games, I see you. So then all three of you will have a shirt each." He looks shocked. "Can I ask something?" He says. "Go ahead," I smile. He takes a breath before saying, "Even though you only follow your family and friends can you follow me on Instagram?" I look confused for a second taking it in, "I will but you will have to be prepared for everyone thinking you are my boyfriend." I laugh, "Anyway it was so nice meeting you but I have to go. Wait what's your name?" He smiles slightly, "I'm Benji and this is Tiffany obviously."

I say one last goodbye before walking back to the seat and realise I left all my stuff. I go to sit down but the boarding call for my flight is said over the loudspeaker. I grab my bags as my suitcases were already checked in.

I find the boarding sign for my flight and wait to get let on. I'm one of the first as the Arsenal coach brought my ticket to come over to London and it was first class.

~~~~~~~~~

I'm not going to pretend that was an enjoyable flight because it wasn't. I was sat behind a Karen who complained about everything and anything. At one point she recognised me and said that women shouldn't be allowed to play football. I didn't answer but that made all the kids who liked football notice and recognise me and they asked a bunch of questions. I answered as much as I could before the flight attendant saw I didn't want to be answering any more and asked them all to sit back in their seats.

The only enjoyable thing about the flight is that at one point Tiffany ran down the aisle looking for me apparently because when she found me she jumped on my lap and hugged me. She sat on my lap as I wrapped my arms around her waist so she didn't fall. Benji came down a few minutes later and after a short conversation took her back to their mum.