Mystery Guy

"honey, we're here." i heard my father whisper as he grabbed my shoulder and lightly shook me. i groaned and fluttered my eyes open to see him standing outside the car next to me. "we're here?" i asked, still half asleep and he chuckled before nodding. i hummed a reply and yawned before sitting up. "wake up and then come inside, i brought your things inside already." he said and i nodded before he walked off. i stretched the best i could in the back of our yellow Hummer before i looked around through the tinted windows at my new house. it was two stories tall, white walls and blue shutters, and a red door. i smiled and opened the door before hopping out, the wind slightly blowing my hair around. i shut the door and looked around to see a boy about my age walking out of the house next to mine. he was very dark and mysterious looking. he had dark hair, tan skin, and from what i could see at this distance brown eyes. i watched him strut over to his motorcycle as he shrugged on his black leather jacket. he swung his leg over the bike and sat down before turning and looking my way. i took a sharp breath of air as he smirked at me and winked before starting the bikes engine and racing off. once i lost sight of him down the street i let the air out of my lungs and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. there was something about him that seemed dangerous, but it intrigued me. i sighed and shook the thoughts out of my head before walking up to the porch, i opened the door and walked inside to the foyer. i smiled as i looked around and then my father bounded down the stairs. "what do you think?!" he said loudly with a big smile on his face as he held his arms open, gesturing to the house. "its nice." i said as i looked around and he chuckled. "well it should be, it cost enough." he said and i chuckled. "so whens mum coming?" i asked and he sighed. "a few weeks, she has some business to take care of." he said and i nodded. "well why dont you go and check out your room while i go make some lunch?" he asked and i smiled. as he walked into the kitchen i ran up the stairs and to where he told me my room was earlier, once i found it i opened the door and walked inside. it was very... well me. it had a different color on each wall, a big bed with black and white bedding, all the furniture was a shinny silver, and i had a big flat screen TV mounted on the wall opposite of my bed and above my dresser. i walked over to a white door and opened it to find my own personal bathroom. it was a light blue, my favorite color, and it had a glass shower. i smiled to myself and walked out and to my big window. it was one of those windows you could sit in, with the pillows laid on it to sit on. i sat down and looked out the window, having a perfect view of my neighbors room across from mine. i wonder if its that mystery boys room, i kind of hope it is... wait what am i thinking?! i sighed and grabbed one of my books, Romeo and Juliet, off my shelf before sitting in the sill. "Em honey! foods ready!" dad called out and i let out a breath of air before folding the corner of the page i was on and shutting the book. i sat it down next to me and then got up before walking downstairs. i easily found the kitchen and smiled. it was very big and welcoming, with white walls, dark wood counters with tan marble counters with flecks of gold in it. there was a big island in the middle of the room and thats where my dad was standing as he bit into a sandwich. i walked over to him and grabbed the other sandwich off the plate and took a bit. "here." dad said as he pushed a bag of chips in between us and i smiled before grabbing a few and popping them in my mouth. as i chewed contently i felt something hit my face and i gasped. i looked over and my dad was smiling as he chewed a big bite of his sandwich. "you did not just do that." i laughed and he looked up while shrugging. i smirked and grabbed a chip before throwing it at him and he chuckled. my dad was like my best friend, he always messed with me and teased me, but when it came to serious stuff he was the trophy dad. suddenly i felt another chip hit me and i glared at him. "i am not going to stand her and take this." i said dramatically as i grabbed a handful of chips and then walked back to my room, my dad laughing behind me. i let out a huff of air and plopped down on my bed before setting down my sandwich and turning on my TV. i flipped to a random channel and picked my sandwich back up before eating it. i dumped the chips on my lap and ate them as well until everything was gone. the i brushed the crumbs off me before getting up. i walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of pajama shorts and a tank top before stripping down and changing. once i had my pajamas on i threw my dirty clothes in my hamper before turning off my light and crawling into bed. i yawned and snuggled deep into my duvet before drifting off to sleep with the sound of my TV.

___________________________________________________________________________________

 A/N: the picture is of Emma.