chapter seventeen

A month passed.

       Her siblings, besides Connor, refused to talk to her as they considered her a traitor. She didn't care though and thought they were being childish. She wasn't even concerned with what her siblings thought as she was completely wrapped up with Lukas.

        She spent a lot of time going back and forth to Sweden. Lukas took her on a lot of dates and he even taught her how to drive.

        She sat in his Maserati in the driver seat and he was next to her in the passenger seat. He gave her instructions, "So just put it in drive first."

        "Okay, but..." she looked all around the steering wheel. "How do I do that?"

      He chuckled, "You are really are the princess of trust fund babies."

         She smirked, "Then you better treat me like one."

          He grinned and kissed her cheek, "Of course, sexy."

         She smiled with a little blush as he took her hand and guided it to the gearshift, "This is where you put it in drive. It's also for reverse, neutral, and park."

          She nodded and she tried to switch gears, "Why won't it work?"

         "Put your foot on the brake."

             She did so and then switched the car into the drive. She immediately let go of the brake and the car lurched forward. She smashed the brake with her foot again causing a little bit of whiplash as she smiled apologetically, "Sorry."

            He shook his head, "You hit the brake lightly."

           "Okay," she nodded. "You know, what if I wreck?"

           "I'll buy a new one," he said nonchalantly. "Now start to drive."

               She did as he said. She went down the long winding road that led to his house. Then she made many turns and she had jumped the curb many times.

          Then when they were at a stop sign that was dead, he wanted her to make a U-turn and go back to the house. But she looked at him cluelessly, "I was supposed to pay attention to how to get back?"

      He laughed, "Yes, min älskling."

       She glanced at him excitedly as he used a Swedish term to address her affectionately, "What did you call me?"

"It's just a term," he only smiled secretly. "Why don't you put in park and let me drive back?"

She stared at him for a moment and decided not to push. She'd look up the word later if she could figure out how to spell it.

"Okay."

        _____

Another day, she was at his house and he taught her how to play video games. It was his hobby when he wasn't busy. It was actually really fun.

They were playing some type of fighting game as they sat on the couch. After she got used to the controls, she was kicking his ass.

"Yes!" she said excitedly. "Yes, I'm winning!"

Lukas reached out and smacked her hands to the side. It made her lose her grip on the controller and she fumbled with it to get it back into place. But by that time, she had lost.