Chapter 13

Winter wouldn't. Winter shouldn't. He couldn't  just go home with Hailstorm when Kinkijou was injured. Rainwatcher was wrong, Winter had just planned on using his friends. Moon was just the best dragon, she watched Winter say yes, and she still supported him.

"When you get Hailstorm home" She said "Are you going to come back?"

'I want to' He thought 'But I can't' "No- I mean, I can't"

Qibli stepped forward. "Winter, don't be a stranger."

"We'll miss you" Moon added quietly as  Winter took off into the air. He didn't look back.

"I hope you die!" Firefly added cheerfully and Moon smacked her gently with her wing.

Firelfy stormed off into the doctors hut, Rainwatcher chasing after her. 'What is she up to now?' He thought. Firefly sat opposite Kinkijou, and she put her snout onto of her wing. 'Kinkijou... I hope you get better.'  She thought 'Please don't die'. "Hi Rainy, can you believe what Winter did?"

Rainwatcher took a deep breath, and thought for a minute. 'If Firefly was Hailstorm, what would I do?' "... Actually, yes. I can." Firefly gave him the strangest look "I mean, if you were Hailstorm, I would take you home too."

"But you would come back, wouldn't you" Firefly said hastily, probably thinking about Winter  "Not like a certain Icewing prince."

Rainwatcher stopped, realising they were alone, nobody listing in. Could he tell Firefly his secret? Nobody was around, but just to be sure, he checked the window and the hallway. Rainwatcher couldn't hear any thoughts coming close, and no fuzzing noise that was in Qibli's mind. 

"Firefly" Rainwatcher said "I need to tell you something"

"YOUR PREGNANT!" She yelled 

Rainwatcher laughed, "I don't think that's possible. But no, I need to tell you something important"

"... I'm pregnant?"

"Nobody's pregnant, Firefly" Rainwatcher said "Now listen"

Firefly looked at him curiously. Rainwatcher wondered if it was the right thing to do, what if she thought about it? What if she told mother and father? He couldn't control that. He needed to tell her this.

"Firefly." Rainwatcher paused "I- I'm an animus"