𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

chapter sevendaydreams and nightmares

chapter seven
daydreams and nightmares

       TWO LONG WEEKS WENT BY, and Jaime was presented with the opportunity to work for Victoria Kord. Well, he could thank Milagro for that. It wasn't a job that he could brag about, really. And it's not like he wanted to do it. They needed the money. Quite frankly, he didn't have a choice.

Victoria Kord's mansion was a sight for sore eyes. It was more beautiful than Jaime could ever visualize. His imagination ran wild, giving him a taste of what it would be like to live such a lavish life. With his shades covering his eyes, he stood courageously by the poolside. Just for one minute...he wanted to pretend that this was all real and it belonged to him.

      Milagro wasn't in the mood to deal with Jaime's daydreams. Did he forget that he was here to work? "Excuse me, Mister Reyes?" She calls out to him, portraying a sweet lady-like voice.

      Jaime follows the direction of his sister's voice, taking off his shades. This particular accessory was a gift, one of many gifts from his previous relationship. Anything she bought for him, was seen as priceless. He could've easily thrown out everything, erasing them from his sight. None of that would matter, not when every single item held a memory. Memories that he always planned to cherish.

Milagro was glad he snapped out of his fantasy. "You finish scraping the gum off that lounger or what?"

As a result, Jaime groans before approaching Milagro. "This is bullshit," He grumbles, referring to their workload. Did he suffer all those years in university for this to be the outcome?

"Wow. Thanks, Milagro for hooking me up with this gig."  She understands her brother's frustrations. Whining about it like a child won't make a difference. "It's not my fault your future didn't turn out the way you wanted." She points out, not as a way to insult him.

      At first, Jaime decides not to respond. He resumes his duty, scrapping the gum from underneath the lounge table. It was disgusting to him. But then he thinks about itthe job market is in fact challenging. "How am I supposed to get experience when nobody's gonna give me a job?" It was more of a rhetorical question.

In Milagro's hand, was a piece of chewed gum. "Sounds like a you problem." She swiftly places the gum under the table, alarming Jaime. He frowns, raising his head to stare at his sister. What was she doing?

     "Seriously?"

      "What? I'm keeping us employed, you noob!" If there was more cleaning for them to do, then that means that they have reasons to do more housekeeping for Victoria Kord. Apparently, it was a win-win situation for them. She isn't to blame if Jaime couldn't see that for himself.