𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞

chapter nineteenthis is your purpose

chapter nineteen
this is your purpose

          VICTORIA KORD was fulfilling her destiny. After fifteen relentless years of pursuit, she finally had possession of the scarab. Every sacrifice, every calculated move, had led her to this achievement. Thrilled to her core, she was eager to finally complete her project. The night felt flawlessly aligned, promising a spectacular outcome. She was living the destiny she had always envisioned. What could possibly go wrong?

         There was only one location etched in her mind for executing her plan. Hundred of miles away, isolated in the vast expanse of the ocean, she held absolute authority to act as she pleased. No restrictions, no enemies, nothing to hinder her plans. She reveled in the freedom that this remote haven provided. Accompanying her were two guests, each a crucial piece to the intricate puzzle she was bound to complete, at any given moment. Once she completes her life-long goal, the power she had always craved will finally be within her grasp. And in this perfect, secluded sanctuary, no one could stop her.

       Victoria's next words were nothing but short of electrifying: "We are going to change the world, Carapax." She had unwavering faith in her crafted plans. "Are you ready?" As always, his fate rested in her hands. All of their relentless hard work was about to yield the results they had long anticipated.

         "I'm ready," The man answers, calm and steady. They have always been a team. Frankly, he would follow Victoria wherever she desired, without any form of hesitation. He remained halfhearted about the current situation, uncertain of what to expect. After all, he had endured the absolute worst. Ignacio was confident in himself, knowing that he could handle whatever came next. He was hooked up to multiple wires, anxiously awaiting the results.

        Meanwhile, Jaime Reyes began to regain consciousness. He felt completely disoriented. It took a few seconds for his vision to become clear, and when it did, he gasped in shock. He had no idea where he was, or what was going on. Everything around him appeared upside-down, and he realized he was restrained, unable to move freely. He was imprisoned. The only familiar thing was his suit, still intact. Glancing to his right, he noticed a man he'd never seen before, making him a total stranger. "Hey, who are you?" Jaime questions, his voice tinged with confusion.

        Startled, Victoria's worker jumps, not expecting their hostage to be awakened. He remained speechless, even after Jaime raised a question, "What are you doing? Get me out of this thing, please?"

        Due to the lack of progression, Victoria was curious. She posed a question: "Is there a problem, Sanchez?"

        At a distance, the worker softly whispers to Jaime, "I'm sorry." His apology was heartfelt; he genuinely felt concern for the young man. Jaime's youth and innocence were apparent, and he didn't deserve any of this. But when it came on to Victoria, once she had her mind set on something, she wouldn't stop until it was completed. The worker felt immense pressure. The scarab had been in his possession when it was stolen. It was his sole responsibility to activate the artifact for research purposes. Truthfully, he was impressed that someone had managed to unlock its abilities. There's no telling what they could discover based on this deep connection. Yet, despite his sincere sympathy for Jaime, sadly, his life wasn't a priority. The scarab was all that mattered.