𝐱𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨

chapter fifteenthrough life and death, part two

chapter fifteen
through life and death, part two

        ALL ALONE, their worries combined into one.

        The life of fortune always comes with a cost. The poor would kill to be rich, and the rich would kill to remain rich. A never ending cyclethat goes on, and on, and on. Indira and Jenny always had many things in common. The primary successors to a multi-billion company? Check. The weight of the world on their shoulders? Check. The fortune never mattered, not when losing their sanity and turning a blind eye to various disasters were a requirement.

        The ladies despised everything.

      And when they hated the world, they still had each other.

Particularly, right now, when their backs are pushed against the invisible wall. A mind battle on what's wrong versus what's right and morals versus values. Perhaps, this should not be new to them. Then again, it never gets easier.

     "Hey, sweet girl, Jen," murmurs Indira, delicately greeting her friend. "How are you?" A sense of guilt began to flood her mind, and the sweat started to coat her hands, noticing the shortage of interactions between them. Hopefully, the girl across from her doesn't feel abandoned in any sort of way. Her central priority has been assisting Jaime, seeking out the possible answers to his ongoing mystery. As it turns out, there isn't much of a mysterymore so, a nagging feeling of utter remorse and disappointment. And since Jaime is sorting out his own emotions and adjusting to the sudden modification in his life (against his will) it's only right that she focuses all of her attention on her dearest friend.

A friendship that came unexpectedly, but a friendship that means the world, stars, and galaxies to her.

In all honesty, Jenny didn't want to lie. Lying wasn't her strongest suitit was a trait she failed to inherit from the family genes. Regardless, she lied when it was considered essential, despite the risks. Finding herself in the setting that used to be her homeher comfort, made her feel hopeless. Distraught, even. It would be more complicated to lie about her emotions than to face them. There was no need for that, not when her support system was available, willing to provide her with all the comfort her heart desires. Setting her gaze on the other occupant of her father's abandoned lair, Jenny purses her lips. "II'm sorta struggling..." She drew in a sharp, shaky breath, then she faintly smiles, "But I'll be okay. Thanks for asking." Her worries faded, substituted by the impulsive urge to dive into a different topic. Allowing grief to devour her wasn't on the agenda for the day. Rather, for the night. Judging by the lack of sunshine, nightfall is among them.

Another twenty-four hours went by and although they received answers, the mere feeling of backtracking all the way to step one was frustrating. Perhaps, they all need a minute to recoup, then move forward and seek the best solution to Jaime's problem. A problem that she caused... although she feels extremely guilty for her actions, it's too late now. When all is said and done, there's no more room for self-pity.