𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐟𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

chapter eighteenfebruary twenty-nineteen

chapter eighteen
february twenty-nineteen

        THE REYES family returned to their home. Sadly, there was no saving it. Despite the comfort and generosity extended by Indira, Rocio's longing to be admits familiar surroundings spoke volumes about her resilience and attachment to their shared home however, the absence of Jaime and Alberto, two crucial members of their family, cast a dark shadow over their gathering. Jaime's whereabouts remained a painful mystery, intensifying Rocio's anguish and the family's collective sense of loss and uncertainty.

       The atmosphere was thick with emotion, each family member carrying a heavy burden of sadness. The events had taken a toll on their sorority. Nana, sensing the overwhelming sorrow, found strength in her resolve to uplift her precious family. With a firm yet tender voice, she reminded them that while their hearts were heavy with grief, their immediate priority was to rally together and focus on finding Jaime. Her words carried a quiet determination, to find the light amidst the darkness surrounding their circumstances. As they contemplated the formidable task ahead, the gravity of their shared determination to rescue Jaime permeated the atmosphere, propelling them onward despite the daunting obstacles that awaited them.

    That's when Indira, along with Jenny, approached the family, the air thick with tension, especially evident in Milagro's harsh demeanor. Indira, with her arms open wide, embraced her second family warmly, offering solace and support through heartfelt hugs that conveyed her deep affection for them. Although she wanted to inquire about their well-being, she hesitated. Instantly, she recognized their current state of anguish and distress that was clearly etched on their faces.

    Indira decided to stand closely to Milagro, their faces inches apart, as she whispered urgently, "Don't be so hard on Jenny, please." The teenager remained silent, arms crossed definitely, her glare fixed on Indira, who let out a sigh before turning to address everyone else. She had a sinking feeling that Jenny's presence would overwhelm the family, especially Milagro. She didn't want her friend to get all the blame; if anything, Indira deserved a share of it too. After all, both the Kords and Taylors shared responsibility for the dire circumstances they faced.

"So what's the plan?" She asks, her tone mixed with concern and determination, trying to steer the focus away from the growing tension.

Rudy declares boldly, "We're going to save Jaime."

Nodding her head, Indira cracked a small smile. "That's exactly what I was hoping to hear," Her smile drops at the realization of something very important. "The only problem is, I don't know where he is right now. I doubt my parents know Victoria took him, so they won't be any help. They don't even know the full extent of what Victoria had planned. Not that I'm surprised," She mumbled the last part to herself, frustration evident in her voice as she glanced around at the worried faces of the family. "But we'll find him." She assures them.