𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

chapter thirteena little bit yours

chapter thirteen
a little bit yours

THE DRIVE TO THEIR DESTINATION took longer than anyone anticipated. At first, they were surrounded by the night sky. Now, it's the mere early morning hours, the moon no longer in placement up above. There's no need to ask how everyone's holding up. It's been a rough few hours for all of them. As Jenny would always say, misery loves company.

As it relates to Jenny Kord, this is the last place on Earth she wants to be at the moment. Out of all of the places, why did they have to end up here? For many years, she's managed to leave behind her old life, a life where the value of family was all she knew. The Kord Estate, the place that once felt like home, was now vacant and abandoned. Upon entering the grounds of the estate, Jenny felt horrible for what she was seeing. Her old childhood home almost looked unrecognizable. The condition wasn't the best, showcasing the lack of residence and maintenance on the property. If her parents were alive to see this, surely, they would be disappointed. Upon exiting Rudy's truck, she started to reminisce on all the memories with her deceased parents and how during that time, life made perfect sense, as expected. It wasn't as complicated as it is now. Because back then, all that mattered was her parent's love. That was merely the past. Right now... it's a lonely road.

      It is her responsibility to fix the mess she created. If she's being completely honest, too, all of this could've been avoided. Perhaps, stealing the scarab from Victoria was a terrible decision to begin with. The outcome of her decision meant more harm than good. The past twenty-four hours have felt like hell for not only her, but for everyone else involved. Her decisions have obviously backfired, in more ways than one. It was like a domino effectthat all started due to her determination to undermine her aunt. If granted the opportunity to revert everything back to normal, then she would without a doubt. This would be her ideal wish. Needless to say, that's not how it works.

         Jaime wanted to use the driving journey as a way to settle into his thoughts. There's a lot to ponder on. The thing ishe fell asleep. He didn't realize how exhausted he was until he was awoken by Rudy. This sounds like a simple statement. So what went wrong?

         Apparently, Jaime drifted off into a justified slumber. He had every right to rest his body, primarily after the battle with Victoria's minion. The after-effects were weighing on his figure and the scratches were visible as proof. That was an experience within itself. A horrible one at that. His mind is telling him this will not be the end, regardless if they're successful in removing the scarab. This was his last thought before his eyes gave out on him, his heart rate and breathing becoming regulated at a steady pace. Eventually, a next individual joined him. This time, she rested her head and arm on his lap, both of them slipping away into the blissful atmosphere. Their breathing moved in sync, and the vibrations of their hearts were similar, as well. Jaime didn't move an inch when coming into contact with another. He remained cozy, and to make things better, his arm found its way around her upper area, holding on like if he didn't, she'd slip out of his embrace.