𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

chapter sixteenthrough life and death, part three

chapter sixteen
through life and death, part three

VICTORIA KORD has spent a lifetime looking for the one thing, she believes will change the world. Her research, her blood and tears, and many sleepless nights finally paid off. When she first discovered the scarab, the satisfaction she felt was worth it all. How could it not be? After all these years, she ultimately figured it out: the answer to her unquenched longing for terrorism. Her project, the O.M.A.C is the key to all the answers. The world is going to be hers. There isn't any other way around it.

So, when she heard the devastating news that her brat of a niece, Jenny Kord (one of her biggest threats), stole her propertythe thin line between family and power basically became non-existent. Nothing is going to stand in her way. Not Jenny, not the critics that continue to throw dirt on her namenothing at all. She firmly believed in the saying, 'dream until it's your reality'. And that's exactly what she did. Now, her reality is a dream come true. This company is her life-long passion; her destiny.

Prior to the theft, she had one of her scientists, conducting research on the artifact. It needed to be unlocked and activated. After hearing the disastrous news about the artifact's theft, she almost lost her mind. She warned Jenny not to interfere in her plans... yet she still went behind her back anyway. Ironically, Jenny didn't realize how her actions had a pretty good outcomefor Victoria. The scarab is infused with an individual! Yes, it was unexpected, nonetheless, it changed everything. Everything. The golden news was like the icing on the cake. After receiving the background check on the host, his identity was presented to her, like a grand meal on a silver platter. Rounding up her soldiers, an operation ignited. All she had to do was wait for the emergence of the moon, and it's game on.

Minutes went by and time stood still. Although the Reyes household was surrounded by armed forces, Jaime was nowhere to be found. He wasn't there! There's no telling where he is, if he's still with Jenny and the Taylor girl, and if she'll be able to find him if her efforts prove to be futile.

Perhaps, she spoke too soon.

Jaime Reyes, with the assistance of Khaji-Da, zoomed through the sky, at a hurried speed. The Blue Beetle attacked the threats, knocking them down in a swift manner. This gave him a few seconds to analyze his family, ensuring their protection. "Nice work, Khaji." He commends the suit for the weapon she created out of thin air. Team work makes the dream work. "You guys okay?" He directs this comment towards his family, peering at them through the lens of his mask.

All eyes turned to him. And all guns were aimed at him.

       What a disaster.