CHAPTER 7 : RAINA

..."Forget This Year Too?" She asks
"Sorry!"
"As A Punishment We'll Go For That Movie You Hate But I Love"
"Okay" He Sighs, Hiding Tickets...

"So, how was your interview?" she asked me.
"Except for the fact that my boss is a complete moron , it was great."

I replied licking my chocolate icecream.

After my interview, I raced towards my house . As soon I reached there and picked the new book kept on my shelf since three months waiting to be read, my phone rang.

It was Gayu's call and it was then decided that the three of us are meeting in the amusement park that's near to her house in the evening.

I wouldn't mind ruining my reading plans for spending time with my friends and a chocolate icecream so here I am .

"Where's Trishala?" Gayu inquired giving me a bite of her vanilla ice-cream.

" She said she got some work last minute"

The next 45 minutes we spent chit- chatting about my interview, her work ,the new colleague of Trishala who was quite hot and on whom she  had a little crush already.

I made a mental note to stalk him on Instagram later since it was my duty to get the biodata of my bestfriend's so called crush.

"It's nice to know that Trishala finally is getting involved in something .I thought she actually wishes to be single forever ."Gayu said all of a sudden .

"And what about you?," I asked.

"What about me?," She said acting unknown to what I was saying.

"Gayu why don't you get into another relationship? Whatever was up with you and Devansh, he is not going to come back .Why don't you just forget him ,move on and give someone else a chance?" I finally gave voice to my thoughts.

3 months . That's it . Her first and last relationship was this long . Devansh was the only person she ever loved but I guess he never felt the same about her.

Her relation did not last more than 3 months and no matter how much we asked her, she would not tell us the reason why they broke up .Or ,to be more precise , why he left her .

It's been a month since he left to Europe after that. Since then, we had tried to convince her a million times to give someone else a chance but Gayu being Gayu , she will just not listen.

"Rai , I don't think moving on actually means to just jump into another relationship. I need time and as of now I am really not ready for it and you are damn aware of this . So , for God's sake please don't ask me to do things I'm not capable of .,"

She did try her best to hide the wobble in her voice as she completed speaking but being her bestfriend for so many years had gave me enough training to know that she actually wants to cry her heart out now at this very moment.

Changing the topic as if we never had the above conversation , we were about to go to the icecream shop for the third time when we heard some noise from behind.

As I looked back, I saw two guys whose back was facing us. One of them was holding the hand of a girl who was trying to tug off her hand from his grip.

Several people were passing by quite aware of the fact that a girl is being teased right infront of their eyes but all they want to do is shut their eyes like the goddamn ignorant bastards they are and behave like nothing ever happened.

Sometimes I think how are these people able to sleep at night .I will be damned if I did nothing right now to help that girl .

These incidents are so much normalised nowadays I hate it . Teasing or raping a girl or abusing her physically,verbally is  considered as common as breathing.

But right now is not the time to think how horrible people are or how the girls are frequently abused . I have to help this girl.

I gestured Gayu to come with me and without waiting another second , I rushed towards the girl.

As soon as I approached the boys , I held the shoulder of the guy who was forcefully holding the girl's hand  laughingly and jerked him backwards resulting him in falling on his butt while the other guy looked at me with utter shock.

I looked at the girl and realised I knew her . She was my colleague, Ditya.

I was about to ask her whether she was okay or not when I heard slight ting sound from behind.

I looked back and was a little horrified with what I saw.

Okay .Let me confess that I was too horrified with what I saw.

A chill ran down my spine while I could sense that Ditya gulped hard when we saw that..

The fuckers were carrying a knife..

200 views for the next chapter 👀