Chapter 1: RAINA

...Sometimes We Can't Call Or Text Them
All We Can Do Is Sit Hopelessly And Miss Them....

"Nein", I finally said getting irritated.
"What??",I know she did not understand what I said .
"What does that even mean?", Trishala asked me.

"Well, it's a German word which means no.I told you in hindi and english but you did not understand that's why I thought maybe I should try some other language".

Actually me and my two bestfriends, Trishala and Gayu are at Gayu's house.

We have been arguing for the past 2 hours and the reason is whether I should do a part time job or not

Trishala had been suggesting me to join Chauhan& Co. of which she is an employee and I have been rejecting this for more than a month now simply because I did not want to do a job this early.

Moreover, I am still doing my MBA and I had thought of doing a job only after getting my degree.

"Then say no in ten more languages,I don't care. Just tell me a reason why you don't want to do this job", Trishala asked.

"Why should I do it?? It's not like I'm going through any financial problem .Moreover, doing any job right now will only effect my studies ."

I knew this reply was not enough to convince her.

"Raina ,why don't you understand we don't like to see you like this. It's just not you. We miss our friend and my gosh Raina it's been 2 years since he's been gone yet you can't get over him??", Gayu yelled at me.

Yeah, I know they miss the old Raina , the bubbly talkative Raina .I know they miss my lame jokes .Not to lie, I sometimes miss her too.
But again it is not easy for me too and the worst part is I can't even make the understand.

I looked in Gayu's eyes. I could see many emotions, her red puffy eyes had anger which said " Give us our friend back".

It had the thousand promises made by us to each other of being together forever.

It had love which said "I care for you and I love you ".

It had hope that said I should be trying my best to become my old self again.

Gayu continued," Ever since you broke up with him, you've changed , you don't talk to us anymore like you used to .
We are telling you to do this fucking job not because of any financial problem dammit , instead we want you to do it so that you will be busy and it will help you to keep your mind off him, his thoughts and his memories."
Saying this she started crying.

I could not see this anymore .I ran to her and pulled her in a hug .She held me like I was the piece of wood she found amidst drowning in the ocean and only I could save her .

And then, she cried her heart out.

A minute or two might have passed when she stopped crying.

"Pushpa , I hate tears", Trishala said imitating the great Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan.

We all laughed at this stupid act of Trishala and all the three of us hugged again.

"Ich Bin Bereit", I said.
They both broke the hug and looked at me and as expected they again understood nothing.

"I'm ready", I repeated.

"Are you serious?, I mean you're not drunk,right??, Gayu asked.

"At First my drama queen did a drama of crying, just to convince me and now she's asking whether I'm drunk...Like really?!
I replied.

"You knew this was a drama?", Gayu asked making a shocked face.

"Ofcourse I knew because my dumbo forgot to hide the packet of tearstick kept on the desk which she just bought from Amazon",
I laughed.

Gayu looked at Trishala with a "I told you she would know" look.

Stammering, Gayu said," M..My...My tears were fake b...but my feelings w...were not".

"Stop feeling guilty and behaving like a thief caught red handed while stealing ,I know you both did it for me because you guys love me and care for me so it's fine and yeah tommorrow I'm going for the interview."

Before I could say more both Trishala and Gayu squealed and jumped on me to hug me.

"We love you baby best of luck for tomorrow....",They both shouted at the top of their voice.

Sometimes, I think maybe I was unlucky in love but in friendship I'm the luckiest .