chapter 9: Elio

I snarl and pulled my pendant from the chain around my neck, holding it out to my left. The pin-sized pendant grew into my obsidian scythe. I spun it before placing it on his shoulder. The blade curled around my front. The scene in front of me was so unbelievable that I couldn't help laughing.

"you and that mutt have just signed your death certificates." the mutt snarls and charges for me. Deftly I swung my scythe around, slicing the mutt's left arm off. I didn't have to move from my spot. He roars out in pain and crumples in a puddle of blood clutching his bloody shoulder. The gorgon roars in anger as snakes shoot out of her back. They sink their teeth into my left leg and my right arm. I yell out in pain. I grit my teeth, glaring at the gorgon. She was turned towards andromeda.

"Andi RUN!!" andromeda stared up at her two friends, tears streaming down her cheeks. I can hear the rain beating against the floor as it streams inside through the shattered windows. I could see her heart breaking in those blue eyes.

"I can't leave you." andromeda sobs out. The Gorgon was crying now too. She swallows before answering.

"sweetie you have to. Andi, we love you and we always will. Now run!" andromeda let out a sob before scrambling to her feet, bolting towards the door. I was still pinned by the snakes but I will not let her get away from me again. I yell, the skeleton bolt after andromeda. one sprouts out of the floor blocking the door as the other two were hot on her heels. However, the mutt barrels into them, sending their bones clattering to the floor. I growl. Damnit. the mutt stares down at andromeda sadly, nudging her with his head. She buries her fingers in his fur for a moment as he rumbles sadly. He breaks away from the embrace pushing her with his arm as he levels a growl at me. She gives the both of them one last sad look before bolting into the white-out rain outside. Then she was gone.

Growling, I slice through the snakes as the mutt barrels towards me again. With a spin of my scythe, I send him sprawling at the gorgon's feet. These nuisances had annoyed me for the last time. I could feel the floorboards rattling under my feet as skeletons crawl from beneath my feet.

"You two have been a thorn in my side long enough. That ends now." I growl as the gorgon pulls the mutt to his feet. The two of them share a look. It was a sorrowful look.

"We won't let you hurt her!" the gorgon spat, sending venom flying. I chuckle.

"You won't be my problem for much longer." I smile leaning on my scythe. The mutt growled. "I bet you two didn't even think to bring reinforcements. Did you?" I grin sadistically. these two were so transparent. Blinded by their love for andromeda. they pause I can see the panic rising in the gorgon's eyes. this is going to be easy.

"you won't hurt her." the gorgon roared charging at me. Her snakes hissing in anger. I snap my fingers, the shadows lash out wrapping around her wrists and ankles. She was suspended in the air, seething. This must have angered the mutt because he charged again, roaring. With one swift movement, I rendered his head from his body. The gorgon roars.

"LIAM!" she sobbed out, struggling in her restraints tears streaming down her face. I sigh and crack my neck.

"you know, I was going to do this as nicely as possible but you two had to get involved. I hate shedding monster blood unless it's absolutely necessary. All you two had to do was stay out of my way but you just couldn't do that could you." I call shaking my head. The Gorgon was sobbing, staring at the mutt's lifeless body. She turned her watery gaze to me.

"she's our responsibility we couldn't let you hurt her."

"I wasn't going to hurt her. My orders were to capture her alive and bring her to her new home. No harm was needed." I call cleaning my scythe off with my tattered shirt. She was sobbing when I looked up at her.

"you bastard! I'll kill you!"

"You won't get the chance," I called snapping my fingers. The shadow restraints ripped her in half. She landed with a thud next to the mutt. I sigh. This was more damage than I wanted to make. I hold my hand out as blue flames engulf my hand. I give the two one last look.

"For what it's worth I'm sorry," I call brushing my hand against the wall and making my way to the open door. I turn watching as the wall fire and spread. Raising my hand, I noticed the small golden frame from this morning. I grab it stashing it in my coat. I turn back towards the door, raising my hand as the flames grew engulfing the two bodies and the rest of the house. Without a second glance, I walk out into the sleeting rain. I pause at the gas station, whistling. two hellhounds bound out of the shadows on either side of me. They growled happily, butting their heads against my legs.

"easy my pets." grumbling out, rubbing their heads. "I've got a task for you." I knelt down, pulling andromeda's sweater from my jacket. The hellhounds sniff it, growling when they caught the scent.

"Now my pets. Fetch."