004

Evelyn looked around at the place Grover had led them to, there were stone statues everywhere. "Oh come on," Annabeth scoffed.

"What?" Grover questioned. 

"Aunty Em has a garden full of petrified stone folks. Yeah this is someone from our world all right." Annabeth noted, "Anyone wanna guess what 'Em' is short for?"

The group continued to walk but stopped in front of numerous statues. "Let's get out of here, please, while we still can," Evelyn said. 

The four of them turned back only to be met with a fury from the bus. Evelyn had loaded an arrow and pointed it towards the fury and Percy pulled out the pen and it transformed into a sword.

"You should have accepted my offer when you had the chance" The fury pointed over to Annabeth.

"Offer? Annabeth, what offer is she talking about?" Evelyn questioned, looking over at Annabeth.

"Not today, friends." A woman called out, the fury quickly hid its face, "Not on my doorstep." 

"Oh shoot," Annabeth, and Grover closed their eyes, hiding their faces. Evelyn didn't dare to turn around, keeping her gaze on the fury with her bow still pointed at it.

"If you have something to resolve, why not come in and I'll help? Alecto will you be joining us?" Medusa didn't get a response to her question. "No, well I didn't think you would."

Medusa then addressed Evelyn. "Oh, and Evelyn dear, please put down your bow, She won't bother you as long as you're with me" Evelyn reluctantly put her bow away and turned it back into a ring. "But it isn't as though she will leave either, not if it means reporting that she failed to retrieve the son of Poseidon."

"How did you-" Percy opened his eyes, and tried to turn to Medusa but Grover pulled him back. 

"A forbidden child has been claimed. How long did you think that secret would be kept? It's a pleasure to meet you, son of Poseidon, I'm Medusa." the lady spoke.

"Percy don't," Annabeth called out. "She's a monster."

"We all choose who we make our monsters, but right now that one wants to tear you limb from limb and I'm offering you lunch," Medusa pointed out, "The choice is yours."

Medusa walked away as the kids raised their heads. "I think we can trust her," Percy nodded.

"What?"

"Dude!"

Annabeth and Grover had protested at the same time but Evelyn was silent, she was complementing over something.

"I can't explain it, I just..." Percy shrugged. "My mom used to tell me her story, and the point was always that she isn't what people think, and I definitely trust my mom. So I'm going in, you guys do what you want," and with that, Percy walked away from them to go inside.

Grover soon followed him, "What are you-" Annabeth started but Grover had already walked away and Annabeth looked towards Evelyn, "Eve..." Evelyn took a hold of her hand.

"Look, I know how you feel about Medusa, but right now, she's the better option than staying out here with Alecto," Evelyn said, as she squeezed Annabeth's hand in reassurance and then went inside.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The bell chimed as Evelyn walked through the door, and she heard Percy and Grover's conversation, "You think it's safe to eat?" Percy whispered to the two. 

"I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm really hungry," Grover answered. "And I'm ready to take that chance".

"I think she has good intentions for now, we just need to not anger her," Evelyn told the two just as the bell chimed, Annabeth decided to come in.