Chapter 81

*Song for this chapter: Fine Line by Harry Styles*

December 26, 2018

4 pm

"If we play the game, how are we going to divide up?" Anne was sitting on the couch next to Louise. Harry was next to Anne, and Gemma and I were standing behind the couch talking. It was hard to focus, though, because there was so much going on. There were easily 25 bodies in the house and as overwhelming as it was, I didn't mind it.

"We divide by family." Harry said as deadpanned as ever.

"He's so ready to play this stupid game," Gemma whispered as she leaned against me.

"Ok, we have to form two teams." Chloe had a box in her lap and was reading the instructions for the game. Anne and Louise had begged us all to play Family Feud, the board game and as soon as Harry caught on to what they were asking, he joined them in the demand. I don't know how he had this much energy, I was exhausted after staying up as late as we did.

"What if we do parents and then cousins?" Anne suggested and then counted the parents, realizing it wasn't going to be even.

I glanced at Gemma who had a large glass meant for champagne, but was drinking water out of it, and laughed a bit. "Harry is usually ready to play any game though, right?"

She laughed in return and nodded, then linked arms with me. "I call Jana as my teammate. Put us on a team together or I'm not playing."

Harry turned around with an offended look and I covered my mouth to hide the laugh.

He was wearing newsboy hats lately and I wasn't mad about it. He was, however, slightly mad that Gemma and I both wore... they weren't matching, just similar in style... plaid leggings. Thankfully, I was wearing a black sweater and she had on a grey one.

"You're joking? When did you buy those?" Gemma was standing across the hall from me after we both emerged from our rooms at practically the same time.

"I got mine last month. Stop." I realized why she had the look on her face that she had. "Are they the same?" We both stepped out into the light more and held our legs out together. Hers were darker, but we were wearing the same plaid leggings, just in different colors.

"Why didn't anyone tell me this is what the dress code was?" Anne pouted as we came down the stairs and Harry scowled.

"I'm the only one that gets to match with Jana."

"Harry and Jana cannot be on the same team." Louise stated as she looked between the two of us. I really didn't know where I would fit if we split by family or cousins... it was starting to be painfully apparent that I didn't fit and that familiar gnawing began in the pit of my stomach.

"But she's our family." Anne defended and waved me to come sit. As fast as it started, the gnawing disappeared when she said that and I smiled with a soft nod to her.