Chapter 66

*Song for this chapter: Wannabe by Spice Girls*

April 22, 2018

Earlier in the day Harry, Jake, and I went out and got some lunch, went shopping, and just milled about. Jake had gone to his room to get dressed because we were all, the band and some of the crew, going out tonight. Harry had left some clothes in my room so he just changed and got ready in there. I didn't think anything of it, we usually do things like this. Harry insisted I wear something nicer than my leggings, so I went back in the bathroom to change. When I came out, I had on a pair of black cigarette pants that looked like they were tailored to my body, a gold lame bodysuit he begged me to wear, and a pair of red heels I was going to regret in about an hour. Thankfully, I'd had my hair in a braided bun so when I took it down, it had some body and curl to it. 

When I came back out, Harry's jaw dropped, literally. "Holy shit. You look fabulous... you're absolutely golden and sunshine and everything good and it's doing things to me."

I made a face at him and shook my head. He just smirked and went to open the door. Jake had just gotten back and he had a similar reaction to Harry's when he saw me. "Babe... I don't think I can let you go out in public looking that good. It's just unethical."

"Both of you stop!" I went and grabbed my purse, tucking my key in it, my ID and making sure I had some cash and my phone as well. "Where are we going?"

"Just some swanky bar. We need to pop by my room though, I forgot one of my rings." I didn't even glance at his hands or think twice about it. 

The three of us walked up the hallway toward Harry's room together. Jake had his arm around me and I was hugging his waist while Harry was to my right. You could hear music coming from down the hall and I looked at Harry confused. "Did you leave something on? That's so loud."

"No... I wonder what it is."

Jake pulled away and shifted into security mode as he put his hand out for us to stop. I was starting to get nervous, had fans made it up here? What is going on? He disappeared around the corner and Harry just followed him. "Harry!" I was whisper yelling. "Stop. Wait for Jake to come back."

He turned around and started walking backwards with an open mouth grin. His tongue ran against the inside of his cheek as he tried not to laugh. Like an idiot, I followed him to danger. Once I rounded the corner, his door was open, people were in the hallway, the music was louder, and it looked like party lights were spinning in his room. When I looked at Harry, he had his arms out wide and shouted, "Welcome to your party, Ducky!"

I guess they had set everything up today while we were out. I should have known something was going on when Harry suggested we go out with Jake. You couldn't even tell it was his hotel room. There were curtains with pictures of me attached all along the walls. So many pictures. I don't even know how there are this many. Are they duplicates? Oh my god, that's me in high school... what the hell? There were lights hanging, party lights spinning, a disco ball and then I saw it... a screen, a mic stand, and speakers. 

Karaoke.

Jake wrapped his arms around me and walked me into the room further as people filed in behind us. There were so many people... everyone from the band, some of the crew, the security team... I just looked around and had to shake my head when I saw Phil and Sean leaning against the wall with their arms crossed and a drink in hand. It wasn't actually my birthday, but Harry was the only one that knew that.

"Speech! Speech!" Sarah started the chant and everyone jumped on the train. I knew they wouldn't stop until I said something so I stepped forward and started to talk. "Use the microphone!" Sarah called out again. What is this, heckling 101 with Sarah Jones?