-2-

Brooklyn

The car ride didn't take long. It was still a bit early so the roads weren't busy. My house seemed so quiet looking from the outside. Maybe Hannah and Michaela were still asleep.

"Thanks for taking care of last night." I told him before opening the car door.

"Its fine. I was just returning the favour from when I got drunk on your birthday." I chuckled, remembering what had happened.

"Yeah, I'm never letting you near alcohol that strong." He laughed. I hugged him one last time.

"I'm still more responsible than you though." He said. I hopped of his car holding the paper bag on one hand.

"Just because you're older doesn't mean you're responsible."

"Whatever. I'll see you in two week. Bye Bea." He said, waving goodbye.

"Bye." I closed the car door and walked up to the potch. I watched his car pull out of the drive way and drove off. I sighed and crouched down to pickup the spare key under the mat. I unlocked the door and walked inside quietly, thinking that everyone was asleep. But they weren't. I heard laughter coming from the leaving room. It didn't sound like Hannah or Michaela laughing. It sounded more masculine. I walked slowly towards the living room. The voices became more clearer as I came nearer.

".... then he slipped halfway down the stage." He said. I stood by the door frame, speechless and shocked. They're back.

"It was an accident." Calum said. Non of them noticed that I was their. I decided to try and leave as fast as I could but as I turned around, I bumped into a tall figure standing in front of me. I fell on my back which caused everyone to look. I groaned in pain.

"Oh my god Brooklyn!" He said in panic. I didn't dare to look up because I already knew who it was. Why is this happening to me? When I finally looked up, I immediately regretted it. It was the same face. He never changed. I studied his features slowly. It brought back memories that I tried so hard to forget.

"Um... Hi." was all I managed to say. He still looked worried. I helped myself up ignoring the hand he held out. I looked at the others who was still staring at me and Luke.

"Brookly! We've missed you so much!" Michael said, breaking the silence. He stood up and walked towards me, pulling me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him back.

"Hey Mike." I said. He pulled away and scanned my clothing.

"Why are you wearing boy's clothes?" Being Michaela's brother, he sort of became my unrelated brother.

"I...um-" I was cut off.

"Where's my hug?" Calum said, pulling Michael away by his hood.

"And mine?" Ashton added. They both pulled me in a hug, squeezing me in the middle of them.

"I...can't...breath..." I managed to say slowly. They pulled away letting me catch my breath. They them looked at me the same way Michael did.

"Yeah, why are wearing a boy's clothes?" Ashton asked. I didn't know how to answer. If I told them I got drunk last night, Michael would give me a long speech about how I'm not allowed to drink. Which really annoys me considering I am 18. I wondered why Hannah and Michaela haven't told him yet. They seemed to be pissed at me leaving me stranded in front if a club in the middle of god knows where. I smiled innocently at them before walking towards Hannah and Michaela.

"Garden, now." They both nodded and followed me to the back garden. I am beyond pissed at them right now. I feel betrayed that they didn't tell me about this.

"How long did you two know?" i asked them. There was a moment of silence. Neither of them talked, they just looked at each other.

"Tell me." I demanded.

"About 2 months." Hannah said, looking down at the ground.

"2 months?! I could be Canada by now." I said. In that period of time, I could have changed my name, moved to a different country and live my life surrounded with people I barely know.

"That's why we didn't tell you. We knew you'd try to get out of this just to avoid him and we all know thats not gonna help." Michaela said.

"I don't want anything to do with him. I told you this about a million times!"

"We know that. We did this because he asked us to. He wanted to make things right with you so we helped him." Hannah explained.

"Why-"

"Because we know that you still love him. You try so hard to hide your feeling for him but the truth is it's still there." Michaela said. I had nothing to say. I can't tell her that she was right because she isn't. A part of it is true, I still love Luke but not as much as I did back then. The point of me drinking is to forget about those feelings. To feel numb. Now that he's back it, will be hard to do that.

"You could have still told me before they arrived here." They ignore my stare.

"We're sorry. But for the mean time, you are gonna have to deal with them." Michaela said.

"What d'you mean?" I asked, crossing my arms across my chest.

"They're staying here for a couple months."

"What? Why can't they just buy their own house, they have enough money." They shrugged. I know can't do anything about this. Having Luke and Michael around, I don't have any freedon. They'll be watching my everymove. Michael probably wouldn't let me do the things that help me take my mind off things.

"I don't know." There was silence between us. They looked guilty as I looked at them with no emotion.

"Look we'll deal with those idiots later. Let's just go inside and worry about this later." both me and Hannah nodded and started walking back inside. Before I could open the door, Michaela stopped us and said, "By the way, don't tell my brother anything about the alcohol. He'll go ape shit." I chuckled and nodded.

-----

"So how was tour?" I asked. I was sat between Ashton and Michael on one couch. Luke and Calum sat on the floor and Hannah and Michaela was sat on the other couch. So far I've ben good at ignoring Luke. It is hard but sometime I just want to tell him to leave me alone but I can't do that. I promised not to be rude or swear in front of them which was a very stupid promise. I'm not gonna last an hour without swearing. Its just hard.

"It was fun but we really wished you guys were there." Luke answered. I nodded slowly, not making any eye contact with him.

"Yeah, for the first three months of tour, Luke kept on going on and on about how he misses you." Calum said, smiling at me. Suddenly I felt everyone's eyes on me. I was right. They were all looking at me as if I said something interesting.

"He wasn't the only one doing that." I said.