Chapter 20

"So Adryan where are your parents", Jaileigh's mom asked, putting a spoonful of grits in her mouth.

Jaileigh stopped chewing her food when the question was asked. This was one reason she disliked her mom, she was extremely judgmental, and tended to run people away. She was not about to run her man away as well.

"You don't have to answer that pooh. I told you not to ask that", Jaileigh warned to her mom.

"Nahh I'll answer..", Adryan put his fork down, looking down at his black pants.

"See Jaileigh, He'll answer", Jheloni said mockingly. William shook his head in disapproval. Jheloni had a tendency to work Jai up and play the victim after. He knew how his daughter felt about her boyfriend, he also knew that Jaileigh wasn't going to take no bull shit from her mother.

"Well, my mom is incarcerated and My Dad passed away when I was younger ", He said, hoping the lady wouldn't ask him why or how.

"I'm sorry for your loss.. why is your mom in jail?, She asked with barely and remorse or compassion. Jheloni was a rude person, who acted innocently.

"She was wrongly convicted for the murder of my father", He choked out. Adryanna looked up from her unicorn shaped waffles, at the sound of her brother getting emotional.

"I'm okay Adry", He was very observant. He knew to woman didn't like him, and was saying slick shit to him.

"Wow.. i doubt that...what are your parents names? She said the first part slickly under her breath. The whole table heard it. Jaileigh clenched her fist, this wasn't the first time she had thought about beating her mom's ass.

"Omarion Cole and Nyeli Cole", He answered her question. He was trying to remain as respectful as possible but the judgemental woman was making it complicated .

"Your parents are horrible people and they deserved what happened to them", She yelled frightening Adryanna.

"Mom shut the fuck up. Speaking on something you don't know anything about.", Jaileigh snapped. She hated when her mom did this, and after she told her not to say and or ask certain things.

"Adry go upstairs", William announced pointing up the stairs. She did as told taking her plate up to the closed off loft area.

"Little girl you not finna talk to me any type of way. Is this how you're treating me after I just got home from a traumatizing experience in Iraq", She victimized herself.

" and then for you to be dating a hood rat ass nigga I did not raise you like that Amelia", She ranted on viciously.

"raise me.. Raise me. Bitch my daddy raised me all you did was sit here n judge me for everything. Then for you to be disrespectful to my boyfriend after I told you not to say that. If you even attempt to run my man away like you did Daddy. I will remove you from my life. You don't even know him, and to blatantly disrespect his parents infront of him and his sister, on some  bull shit", Jai was extremely upset with the older woman. "Call your sister down and go get you and her something to eat boo", She paused to tell Adryan.

"Daddy, I'm gonna go do what I had planned for them, I'll be back around 7:00", She kissed William on the cheek before walking out house. Adryan and Adryanna left out the bigger house.

-

"William I can't believe you let her talk to me like that", Jheloni fake cried.

"Shut that shit up Jheloni. I told you She didn't play bout him. And you continued to disrespect him knowing Jaileigh isn't a little ass girl anymore. She not listening to your every beckon and Call. Adryan is a good young man.. His parents helped the community and you know that. No matter what they were involved in. And don't even try to pull that "Omarion killed my brother", shit. Your brother owed over $300,000 to that family. That young man is like a son to me, so you're going to fucking apologize. He is going through too much for your negative ass energy", William argued taking the plates into the kitchen to load the dishwasher.

"Well maybe if she was still at the galloway school she would be respectful. Your my husband you should be on my side", She cried.

"I'm your ex-husband. Jaileigh doesn't owe you shit. The things she told me when you were living with her. You're a manipulative ass bitch", He yelled getting fed up with the 40 year old women.

"Fuck you and Her. That ungrateful ass little girl, I can't believe you let her run around with the son of my brother's murderer", She grabbed her purse storming out of the house.

William shook his head. Jheloni never learned, it was her-way or the highway.

-

Meanwhile, Jaileigh, Adryan, and Adryanna were the Aquarium. It was a new exhibit that Adryan had been talking about so why not go take her man to see it. She also knew that Adryanna loves the Aquarium, so she would enjoy the outing as well.

It was a black Art exhibit featuring Aquatic creatures Black explorers found. It included plenty of water proof art pieces and statues. It was a beautiful place to be.

"Ny, can I go to the touch pad?", Adryanna asked, looking up at her older brother.

"Stay close", He nodded. She carefully ran over immediately playing with the gentle fish.

"I'm sorry about my mom, pooh", Jaileigh spoke up quietly.

"It's fine mama. She don't know me.. and she only tryna protect you.", He reassured, He didn't want her to be upset, feeling the tension.

" I love you so much", She mumbled, laying her head on his chest.

"I love you too pretty girl", He didn't hesitate. They had been in love for a while now, they just didn't know how to communicate it.

Adryan watched as his little sister ran back over to them.

"You good", He asked looking over her.

"Yepppp. I wanna do my cheer for you now.. Come on Jai", Adryanna pulled Jaileigh off of the tall boy.

"right here", She cringed, it was to many people.

"You promised JaiJai", Adryanna whined looking down at her feet.

"Ok fine.. get in position", She put her self behind Adryanna.

The two girls did quick cheer for the birthday boy. He laughed as they both danced all around.

This was exactly how he want to spend his day. It was so refreshing to finnally have a mental break.