Chapter 23

2 months Later

-

"Look Son, this ain't no debate we want our daughter back", Omarion sat on the couch beside, his wife, who had tears in her eyes.

"I'm telling you she doesn't want that arrangement. She don't know you gang, I don't know you bruh. I'm her guardian, I have ultimate control and jurisdiction over what happens. You and momma ain't stable enough to be taking care of an 8 year old girl", Adryan stressed feeling like he was being heard. This wasn't about him not wanting to just give Adryanna up, it was about her feelings towards her parents.

They had been trying to spend time together for the last month but Omarion and Nyeli were very much focused on running the business. It was mainly their Dad, but who Clyde without his Bonnie.

"Baby Boy, I just don't understand, you're about to go to college in a year, why are you going to stay held back, when you could go off and be free. We will take care of her", Nyeli tried to manipulate him.

"That's where you wrong, I been taking care of Adry all her life, i'm still the best in the state, still the top of my class. Adryanna could never hold me back from shit, excuse my language. Yall not finna do what you did to me to my sister, my child, I don't give a fuck if you birthed her, I set this shit up so she would stay happy and secure, I'm not leaving her to this lifestyle. Y'all can cut me off, cause I don't need no fucking money from you", Adryan stood up walking out the apartment, his parents rented since the previous house was repossessed.

"We will handle this in court, Adryan", His father yelled to him, but he kept walking.

His parents wouldn't do anything to endanger him, but they were going to use a legal option to get her back.

-

"DADD- sorry bubby", Adryanna had been slipping and calling, Adryan dad more often. It truly showed how much she trust and loved him. Adryan tried to explain that she can't call him that around their parents or around others in general but after a while he stopped. He didn't mind at all, If anything, he was her father emotionally.

"Yes Nyoura?", He asked laughing as Jaileigh's eyes were big.

"You laughing like it's not a big deal, Im happy for you boo", She kissed his cheek, getting more comfortable on his chest, before dosing off.

"What you want Ny", He asked again, hearing footsteps outside of his room. He pulled the blanket over him and Jaileigh since she didn't have any clothes on.

She wasn't completely naked but she only had a t-shirt and underwear on.

"Can I buy something on Toca Boca please?", She opened the door, running to his bed. She jumped up, ignoring the limited amount of space on the side of the bed.

"How much you need?", He asked opening her apple bank account. "Get off the edge, come right here", He noticed her continuously slipping and didn't want her to fall. She did as told, before laying her head on his shoulder.

"$35 please... Bubby are you mad that I call you Dad?", She asked.

"No sweet girl, I would never be mad at you for that. It's others that might get mad at us. You can call me Dad if you want. Ian gon treat you any different, you'll always be my sweet girl, whether you're my daughter or my sister", He said to her,
then kissed her forehead. He added $50 to her account so she could buy whatever she wanted.
He took a deep breath before speaking.

"Look, If you want I'll go get the adoption papers filled out and you would be my daughter legally. Or you can get acquainted with our parents. They really want you to live with them, and I'm not sure. I don't want you going through the same things I went through. Next year, I'm goin outta state-", He said causing Jaileigh to sit up.

They hadn't talked about college, and Jaileigh didn't want to go out of state.

"imma talk to you in a second mama, give me a minute", He broke eye-contact with Adryanna, to speak to Jaileigh, but she got up from her position, and walked to his bathroom.

"fuck..", He mumbled to himself, handing  Adryanna a $20 bill.

"I just wanna say, I'm going out of state and need to know if you're coming with me.. I have to make those arrangements if you're not", He finished, looking at the bathroom for any signs of movement.

"Ok bubby, I want to come with you", She assured, walking out of his room, She could sense some tension between them and wanted to give them privacy.

Adryan got up going inside his bathroom, looking at Jaileigh crying on the toilet.

"Jai..", He started

"Why wouldn't you tell me? I thought you were going to UGA.. you literally told everybody UGA", She cried.

"I know baby.. I know, I just can't stay here.. I'm tryna get away from my parents, away from 614..", He said wearily.

" Adryan I'm finna crash out.. You said if something changes, you would communicate.. How long have you known?", More tears streamed down her face.

"You remember when i had that phone call, with my mom when she was in Jail.. that's when my mind started to change. I thought about this shit for so long baby.. I think it's the best decision for me", He said trying to wipe her tears.

"Don't fucking touch me.. you've known for 3 MONTHS!! what about us? Was this relationship just supposed to be for highschool? I'm so pissed off.. I told you when we started talking, I'm not doing long distance, so we might as well dead this right now. I can't believe you.. we coulda been figured it out but here we are, 2-3 months before school end.. before we graduate and you wanna tell me now..", She stood up, trying to walk past him, but he stopped her.

"Move", She mumbled, all of her tears falling. She was honestly confused, angry, all the above.

"No mama, I didn't mean for it to come out like that.. I was gon tell you-

"I don't care Adryan, I don't wanna deal with my man being miles away from me.. That shit didn't work for my parents and I'm not about to go through the same shit. Did our friends know?", She asked.

He nodded, so she gently pushed him out the way, grabbing all of her stuff before going out the house.

She was so tempted to block him everywhere, on everything, and she didn't just that. She blocked the entire friend group, deactivated her socials everything. She emailed her counselor for a schedule change. She wanted to be away from all of them.

-

Woww we got some changes.. We gotta end ts so like 5 more chapters.. I might push out 1 more today tho! love yall down