003, bonfire fights

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥

"YOU LOOK GOOD, LEI."

      After dinner, Leilani excused herself up to her room, where her mom had followed her up. They got into a small argument about the deb ball, and how Leilani said it was stupid, and how Danielle insisted she went through with it.

      She couldn't tell her daughter the only reason Susannah wanted her to do the deb ball was because that would be the only time she'd see Leilani in a white dress.

         After Danielle left, Leilani sat in her room for a good ten minutes; contemplating her life decisions, before deciding getting shitfaced drunk at the bonfire would be the best option for her in the moment.

      So, she pulled an outfit out of one of her suitcases, quickly putting it on before touching up her makeup and walking out of her room, and down the stairs.

She put on a split hem tube top and paired it with short denim shorts. "You look good, Lei," Steven said, looking over at the girl who entered the kitchen with her black and white Converse in her right hand, and her phone in the other.

"Thanks, STD." Leilani joked, earning a laugh from both Jeremiah and Conrad, who were both sitting at the breakfast bar.

Conrad's gaze briefly swept over Leilani, his eyes lingering on her for a moment as he silently checked her out.

"That's the last time I'm ever gonna be nice to you, I swear," Steven concluded, shrugging his shoulders as he said it.

      "Hey, do you guys know if Sarah will be at the party?" Leilani asked. Sarah was a local at cousins, she and Leilani met when they were nine, at a volleyball tournament.

      "No clue," Jeremiah said.

And, just as Leilani went to reply, Danielle Hayes walked into the kitchen with a smile on her face; before she looked at her daughter, and her smile quickly faded.

      Danielle sighed as she caught sight of Leilani's outfit for the bonfire. "What are you wearing?" Danielle asked, looking down at her daughter.

"Um, clothes?" Leilani laughed, looking down at her outfit. She didn't see anything wrong with it.

"Doesn't look like it."

      "What are you talking about?" Leilani asked, looking over at Jeremiah and Conrad, who both shrugged at her.

      "You look like you're about to sit on a street corner!" Danielle raised her voice.

      "That's.. dramatic," Leilani mumbled, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear.

      "Go change, Now," Danielle said sternly, making Leilani look at her with furrowed eyebrows. "What, no!" The curly-haired girl defended, but her mom simply shrugged at her.

      "Go change or you're not going to the party,"

     Leilani rolled her eyes, throwing her arms up defiantly. "Mom, literally since when have you cared about what I wear?"