004, hungover

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥

"OFFICERS, THANK YOU."

After the police officer knocked on the car window, Jeremiah, Belly, Steven, Dylan, Leilani, and Conrad were driven home by two separate cops. Danielle was waiting for them when they arrived. She stood in front of the cops that stood in the beach house. "Officers, thank you," the blonde woman said, an apologetic expression on her face as she said it.

"It won't happen again." Danielle continued.

"Tell Mr. Fisher chief wants to set up a tea time when he gets back in town." the male police officer said, as his hands hooked to his belt.

"Absolutely, sorry again for all the trouble," Danielle said, opening the door for the police officers to leave the house. "Have a good night, officers." Her tone was polite, masking the rage that was about to set in on the teenagers behind her.

As she shut the door, she turned around to face all of the teens. Leilani and Conrad sat on the white and blue cushioned bench, while everyone else was standing around the entrance to the living room.

"How could you guys be so stupid?" Danielle asked, more towards her two kids than the others.

"Mom, it wasn't that big of a deal, they were just looking to break up the bonfire," Dylan defended, stepping closer to his mom, and away from his spot standing beside Conrad's seat.

"Honestly, getting driven home by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal, Dylan," Danielle said, anger in her tone.

Dylan was about to defend everyone further, but was cut off by Steven sniffing the air loudly, before he said, "We're you guys smoking tonight?"

"What?"

"Keep your voice down, Susannah and Laurel are sleeping on the couch," Danielle said, making Leilani furrow her brows. The only person raising their voice was Danielle, everyone else was either not talking, or talking normally.

"I wasn't yelling," Steven jumped to his defense, stuttering as he said it.

"Just so you know, Danielle, I didn't drink tonight." Jere cut Steven off, "I was DD, I swear."

"You two are the oldest," Danielle said, she barely comprehended what Jeremiah said, as she pointed between Dylan and Conrad. Dylan was hardly older than Conrad, by only a month or two. Leilani's eyes shifted up from the ground, as she looked up at her brother, then over to Conrad, who was sitting right next to her. Conrad looked at her for a few seconds, before looking away.

Normally, Leilani was good at reading people, but at that moment, Conrad was unreadable.

"And, I thought I told you to change," her eyes shifted from the two boys to the other girl sitting on the bench. Leilani rolled her eyes, as Danielle looked at her, and over to Belly.

"And when did you leave the house without telling anyone?"

"Why am I never allowed to leave the house?" Belly protested, throwing her hands up defensively. "It's not about you not being allowed to go out; it's about the fact you didn't tell anyone you were leaving."