12.

Sha'Carri Richardson
________

I walked around the thrift store with my grandma. We love thrift shopping together, it's therapeutic.

We've also been doing it since I've been a kid. This is one of our ways to bond, it's actually our favorite.

Other than eating.

"They got two of them Carri look" she showed me a shirt that had some graphic designs on it

"You know who the characters are?" I asked because she excited as if she know who they are

"Yeah, you too young honey. You don't know a thing bout that, baby"

I laughed because she's just so cute to me. Every moment that I spend with her, I cherish. Especially because one day, she's not gonna be here.

"It's stylish"

"You get one and I get one, we both getting it" she said while handing it to me before I laughed

"Grandma do you see how big it is?"

"Cut it up how y'all kids do nowadays. Any other time you cutting up stuff and remixing your clothes"

I started laughing again because it's no way she just said remixing. Remixing is crazy to me, she funny as hell.

We continued to look around picking up and grabbing different things. She got items for her house and so did I.

After a while we left and headed to Texas Roadhouse. As soon as we got there, we got sat down.

We both knew exactly what we wanted, so we ordered right away.

"I wanna talk to you, but when I tell you don't tell nobody" I started off the conversation before she looked at me confused

"What's wrong, it's good or bad?"

"Both"

"Oh lord, I'm scared" she said picking up her cup and sipping from the straw

"So Jermaine is in jail, an—"

"Oh my god, Carri you gotta bail him out" she said before I scrunched up my face

Hell no.

"Grandma listen to why he's in jail. He's been putting his hands on me"

"I know you lying" she said in disbelief while shaking her head, "Sha'Carri stop lying on that boy"

"What?"

"I don't wanna believe that, he put his hands on you?" she asked for another confirmation before I sighed

"Yes, I know you think he so sweet cause that's what he portrays to be. He only act like that around people, but he's not like that"

"For how long, and why you ain't tell nobody?"

"Because I was scared, he threatened to kill me. I'm still getting threats, that's the whole reason I ended my season"

"And I'm mad at you for that, you suppose to be on the track. You don't let nobody run you off from what you love"

"Grandma you don't get it, you don't" I said kind of getting frustrated

"No, you don't get it"

"Grandma if I would've stayed, he would've eventually killed me. I live in fear everyday because of him"

"So, you ain't coming back home?" she asked before I paused, "Yes or no?"

"I really don't know, and I'm thinking about quitting track"

"No you ain't, and who are you even staying with?" she asked causing my heart to drop to my ass

My grandma is against same sex couples. She believe that a man and a women should be together.

I feel the same way too, but if that's what I wanna do then that's what it is. I'm not a kid anymore and she can only give her opinion.

It's up to me if I wanna take it.

"I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm talking to a women, and we're working towards a relationship. She pl —"

"Oh hell no" she cut me off while shaking her head, "Stop talking to her now, that's nasty"

"Grandma I understand and respect your opinion. This is somebody that comforts me and make me happy" I told her as she just looked at me in disgust

"You done bumped your head, so you think that's okay?" She asked before I shrugged my shoulders

"It's not about if I think it's okay, she makes me happy. I'm attracted to her emotionally and physically"

"Physically?" she gave me a even more disgusting look, "You slept with her, like you had sex with her?"

"That's weird to ask" I said dodging the question because it's uncomfortable

"Just answer the question"

Why do she wanna know that?

"No"

"You lying, and that's nasty. God gone get you, you better ask for forgiveness"

"I didn't open up to you to be judged. I'm just coming to you to let you know what's going on" I said before she just nodded

"I'm disappointed in you, but I still love you"

"You should be happy not disappointed. I'm freeing myself"

"You had that girl in my face knowing you're sleeping with her. That's why I'm disappointed" she said before I just sighed and waved her off

Our food came and we ate in silence. This is very awkward and uncomfortable. I wonder what she's thinking or what her opinion of me is now

She probably doesn't look at me the same anymore. That's fine too, but I just want respect

I don't want this to be a situation where I have to isolate myself from her. I don't want this to ruin my mental health even more.

She's my grandma, she's the only one I have.

If it came down to it, I'm letting A'ja go.

We eventually left before I dropped her off at home and went home myself.

"How you feeling?" A'ja asked before kissing my jawline, "What y'all was up to today?"

"Nothing we just went shopping at a thousands stores. After that we went out to eat"

"Why you ain't bring me food back?" she pouted causing me to snicker a little

"Cause — I don't know" I said before we both started laughing, "I'm sorry, if you still want food we can get some"

"I'm playing, I ordered food princess"

"Can we still order more?" I asked before she gave me a look, "I know what you about to say, but I still want food"

"Now?"

"No, I'm sleepy right now. I'm tired , can we go to sleep?"

"You can go to sleep, I'm not tired" she said before I sucked my teeth and got on top of her

I laid down and adjusted myself getting comfortable. This nap finna be love, and I can't wait.